Home General Discussion

Racing Wheels

Anybody have one? Recommend one? Preferably one that will work with my 360 and my PS3. I want to play forza3 with it but i also want to play gt5 when that comes out later.

It seems like the logitech G25 is the favorite, but I'm not sure if it will work on the 360. Is this one of those microsoft things where they only let their own products work on the 360?

Replies

• VPrime
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VPrime polycounter lvl 9
    I have the G25, awesome wheel. But it does not work on 360. PC and PS3 only.
  • Talbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have the Microsoft one. I'm pretty big into racing games. Well. I'm pretty into forza and Dirt. I like it. I have never used anything else though... so I have nothing to compare it to.

I would recommend it.
  • Racer445
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Racer445 polycounter lvl 12
    Logitech released an updated version of the G25 called the G27. The gears inside it are supposed to be much quieter. Still no 360 support though...

Lack of console support seems to be a huge thing with sim wheels. Most sim racers are on the PC, but with forza out and the popularity of the 360 you'd think manufacturers would want to cash in on that.

Sadly, it seems that there are barely any 360 compatible wheels. The Fanatec 911 Turbo S wheel is the only one that plays on all 3 platforms (PC 360 PS3) and it was released in limited units, so if you can find one, pick it up.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Best racing wheel you can get.. Here you go...

http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=250〈=
    pwts_front_01.jpgpwts_front_02.jpg
    pwts_front_03.jpgpwts_front_04.jpgpwts_front_05.jpg

Porsche 911 Turbo S Wheel

LIMITED EDITION

The Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel is strictly limited to 10.000 units in total.
    All owners can register in the Porsche 911 Turbo S public registry which will be available in the "911 Wheel Club" (www.911wheel.com )
    Key benefits
    • Multiplatform: Xbox 360 – PC – PlayStation® 3
    • Backwards compatible to existing games on the Xbox 360 – compatible to all racing games which support the Microsoft Wireless Wheel
    • Wireless connection to Xbox360 and wireless connection through RF dongle to PC and PlayStation® 3 (new and improved technology)
    • Compatible with standard pedals (with clutch), Clubsport pedals (metal) and even the pedals of the Microsoft® wireless racing wheel and the Logitech® G25
    • 3 Force Feedback motors and smooth belt drive deliver sensational realism
    • Two gear sticks included: 6+1 Speed and sequential
    • Available in 3 different editions
    Full Features Porsche 911 Turbo S Wheel:
    • Limited to 3000 units
    • Original Porsche 911 Turbo S steering wheel design
    • Licensed by Porsche Lizenz- und Handelsgesellschaft mbH
    • Authentic metal Porsche logo on wheel
    • Hand stitched leather wheel manufactured according to Porsche quality standards
    • Compatible with Xbox 360, PC and PlayStation 3 (all games which support Force Feedback wheels)
    • 6+1 Speed gear stick with realistic shifting feel
    • Additional exchangeable sequential gear stick included
    • Wired pedals with realistic clutch pedal with declining resistance
    • Diameter of steering wheel is 300 millimeters
    • Gear sticks are interchangeable and can be mounted on the left or right side
    • Turning angle can be adjusted in the wheel to 900°, 360° or 180° or in 1° steps by software
    • Play with table: Strong table clamps with quick release, special non-slip rubber pads, and Velcro strips on the pedals
      keep everything in place. Integrated screw inserts allows a strong fixation on a gaming cockpit
    • Play without table: Fully compatible with the RennSport Wheel Stand which is available optional
    • Illuminated buttons switch automatically between Xbox and PlayStation symbols
    • Powerful Mabuchi RS 550 Motor as used in RC cars delivers extra strong Force Feedback effects
    • Additional 2 Force Feedback actuators in the wheel simulates motor vibrations.
    • Extra smooth and silent belt drive without mechanical dead zone
    • High resolution wheel sensor
    • TUNING functions with LED display
    • Saves up to 5 wheel set-ups
    • Adjust ForceFeedback strength during game play
    • Adjust sensitivity independent from the game

Porsche 911 Turbo S Wheel "Clubsport edition":
    • Limited to 2000 units
    • All features of the Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel but with Clubsport pedals instead of the standard pedals
    • Fully adjustable wired pedals fully made of metal
    • Pressure sensitive load cell sensor
    • Maximum brake force adjustable
    • Contactless magnetic sensors for gas and clutch with unlimited lifetime
    • Vibration motor on brake pedal to indicate blocking tires (only in games which support this feature)

Porsche 911 Turbo S Wheel "Pure edition":
    • Limited to 5000 units
    • All features of the Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel but without pedals, RF dongle and gear sticks
    • Includes an adapter cable to connect pedals of the Microsoft wireless racing wheel for Xbox360 or the Logitech G25 pedals

Available optional:
    • Standard pedals
    • Clubsport pedals
    • Shifter set (6-speed and sequential)
    • RF dongle for PlayStation 3 and PC
    pwts_xboxbutton.jpgpwts_backside.jpg
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    G27 is quieter than the G25. I didnt like the feel of the Porsche 911 though that was a while back. Was poor so just settled with a Driving Force Pro the one with the gt5 logo.
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    whoops didnt read 360 and PS3. the Porsche one is the one for you then :)
  • felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    felipefrango polycounter lvl 9
    I've never used or even seen the Porsche one but it does seem like a nice piece of hardware. I do have a G25 and I'd definitely recommend it if you weren't looking for something to play on the 360.