Home Technical Talk

How to remove UV tools

Ok I keep getting this error with UV_tools 1.6 or 1.7 I'm not sure and it's really bugging me. It doesn't even work with administrator on. Is there a way I can just remove UV_tools from max please!

errorak.jpg

Please :)

Replies

• renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    perhaps you can name any source you got it from? Also I assume it came with some installation instructions, with that it should be possible to know which files to remove so that max works again the way it used to work.

Often plugins or scripts are stored within the plugins or scripts folder within 3dsmax/ or the userscripts folder.
    The error message most likely refers to a missing bitmap that the script or plugin within 3dsmax can't access or process. I assume it was installed not correctly or this uv tools is not compatible with your max version, maybe that plugin or script is outdated?
  • tesher07
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It did not come with an instruction txt., but I found out after searching that you needed to back up your files since it replaces one of them -.-.... Guess I need to reinstall.
  • SpeCter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SpeCter polycounter lvl 14
    If it is what i think, you replaced a max file with this ui tools, so revert back to the original or reinstall max

Nevermind, didn´t see you post and yes u have to reinstall max if you can´t get the original files
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    which max version do you have? maybe someone here can send you the original fies of the ui folder. Otherwise yes a complete re install.

Just in general: your initial post had little to none data, next time try to fill it with more data so we have to ask less and can help you straight away. Data such as what tool (where from), your max version, what you did before,...
  • Racer445
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Racer445 polycounter lvl 12
    Someone I know had this exact problem. Here's a copy of UVtools_24i.bmp: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1725586/crits/UVtools_24i.bmp

The issue stems from the new, edited versions of the uv tools. The new ones come with a TGA but it still uses the BMP. I really love this max ui replacement but it's very old and doesn't have any support.
  • tesher07
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you very much Racer455 I appreciate it ;). Am I still stuck with the Uvtools script or is it possible to actually remove it?
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    again, I have to ask in order to help you:
    Do you know which files you copied? because yet if you know you can remove the ones that were added to your max folder and 3dsmax should stop loading them next time.
  • tesher07
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Didn't save the file to my pc but one of the files I couldn't find... maybe it was hidden. Regardless, when I placed the Bmp file Racer linked me to in my folder, everything works fine now, so now hard feelings with the program... for now that is :)