Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

D9 inspired Gun

I finished the high poly model of this District 9 inspired gun I started awhile ago based off a concept I drew. I took the shoulder strap off most of the screens to show the gun a bit better. Next step is to rez it down and texture it. Let me know what you guys think! :)

4753230579_c8433654aa_b.jpg4753870540_aaf4fb23b2_b.jpg
8f2xRn

Replies

• Grey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks great, are you going to do a Low Poly and texture of it? I really like the District 9 style of this man..love the trigger. Could you post some wires?
  • Insomnia Monkey
    Thanks grey! Yeah I plan on doing a low poly of this soon. I'll definitely take some screens of the wireframe for ya. :)
  • Bumper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bumper polycounter lvl 9
    Wow, clean as hell. Looks awesome.

It should shoot some of those blue-brown balloons.
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    I like it for everything except the piece that is on the side that is shaped like a triangle kind of. I like the overall shape of that piece, just not the design you have on the face o f it. I would keep this a little more simple, and by looking at the gun, it feels like this piece would be a latch/lock&load mechanism to where you would push the top of it forward and it would pop out that back canister, put in a new one, and then pull it down to lock in the new canister. not saying that is how it should work or does work, but that is the initial feel i get from it. simplify that area with plating and less inset extrusion design line things. everything else looks great, but those tubes at the bottom may become troublesome for baking, texturing, and poly count to pull off really well. could give you some headaches, but is doable regardless.
    looking forward to updates!
  • Insomnia Monkey
    Bumper: thanks! its dat mira shit.

Firebert: Thanks for the crits; that triangle shape on the side is kind of like a bracket for the handle on the top since front is so big. That latch/lock and load is a great idea! I didn't think of that initially. Thanks for the heads up on the wires, I think I might bundle them together in the low poly for less trouble.
  • Insomnia Monkey
    Here's some screens of the wire frame. I know I've got some nasty edges on the side panels...but since its flat didn't worry too much about it:

4754798023_264c6e5f9b_b.jpg4755437326_6baf1c74d6_b.jpg4754797939_ceea297460_b.jpg4755437248_6664022e36_b.jpg4754797867_129b239716_b.jpg