Home General Discussion

Thoughts on Bond University

Hey guys,

Ill try and be breif; my ultimate passiosn lie in animating and video games - something which I hope to unite in a career of my dreams. I am a graduating student this year, and I need some opinions on the Bachelor of Computer Games offered at Bond University. Don't worry about costs or anything, Im purely looking at content!

If you could check it out sometime, I would really really appreciate it:

http://www.bond.edu.au/degrees-and-courses/undergraduate-degrees/list/bachelor-of-computer-games/index.htm

There is a link in the side bar there outlining the structure in detail. The campus and location is brilliant, I just want to know if it's worthwhile =)

Cheers!
Cap'n

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Is there any examples of student work? Are there teachers currently working in the games industry? Do the teachers have portfolios?
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    does the university have a license to kill?
  • danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danshewan polycounter lvl 8
    does the university have a license to kill?

I have to admit, my first thought was of classes like Martini Sipping 101 and maybe Serial Womanizing as an elective, but I didn't want to be the first to crack the joke....
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    Hey mate, i went through Qantm college up in Brisbane, and now work at half-brick studios. I haven't actually heard much about the bond course though and i haven't ever met any artist that are working professionally that have gone through the course, either online or in real life.

In fact i have never heard anything about the course at all nor ever seen any student work from it. To me that is shouting warning bells.

Get in contact with them and ask what experience the teachers actually have. Australian arts courses have a tendency not to have people experienced in the career they are teaching.
  • KhAoZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whoa, theres an entire UNIVERSITY dedicated to a certain badass British secret agent?! Haha, just kidding of course. :)
  • sampson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sampson polycounter lvl 9
    Get in contact with them and ask what experience the teachers actually have. Australian arts courses have a tendency not to have people experienced in the career they are teaching.

QFT