Home General Discussion

Game Schools in Bellevue,WA

Does any one know anything about the two New game schools in Bellevue,WA?

3DTA And Future Poly? Is it worth going to either one schools? Training, Internships, and Job placements?

I would like to know some info about these schools if it is worth it going.:icon3:

Replies

• Moosey_G
    I'm planning on going to the character modeling class at future poly, I think it's taught by one of the Polycount members. Future poly in general looks really good for the price. I don't think it does internships/job placements though.
  • ZacD
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Normally I'd be leery about going to a "new" game school, unless its being instructed by people currently in the industry, there's no student examples to tell how 'good' the are students that the program is putting out.
  • Mark Dygert
    Future Poly has a lot of Arena Net guys teaching, I'm always floored by their work and everything I've seen looks ace. I like that you can take any of the classes in a workshop type setting and that you're not forced to take a bunch of BS that doesn't apply to what you want to learn.

3DTA, their web page is a big blank background, their twitter account hasn't posted in months and their facebook page is dead. I remember they where going by Sky Avengers for a while but all that comes up as dead too... I'm not even sure there's a course to take to be honest...
  • Avanthera
    Offline / Send Message
    Avanthera polycounter lvl 10
    yeah, stoofoo is teaching the character modeling classes.
    lots of other industry pros teaching there. im planning on either next year, or the year after.
    as soon as I can clean up the mess from my last school :\
  • Ferg
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    I went to digipen. Don't go there.
  • stoofoo
    Offline / Send Message
    stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
    Hey! I know something about futurepoly! I teach there. I will offer my not-biased-at-all opinion but I don't think it's necessary. Feel free to ask any specific questions about the classes or the teachers, though? As it turns out, we are all pretty tight.

"Normally I'd be leery about going to a "new" game school, unless its being instructed by people currently in the industry"

Currently the teachers are mostly from here at Arena.Net and James Kai is at Valve. Jason is a lead environment artist, Horia is the cinematics lead and I'm a character artist. That's actually the school is only at night/on weekends--we have day jobs doing this nonsense!
  • ZacD
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    That's pretty impressive, didn't mean to be harsh on the school, but a kid needs to do his research!
  • stoofoo
    Offline / Send Message
    stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
    I didn't take it poorly. It's a pretty valid concern. All of us are happy to chop it up and break down our setup/goals/expectations, though. So ask away!