Home General Discussion

Eat3D Now Streaming!

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
mdeforge polycounter lvl 14
Hi everyone. Many people in the past have requested cheaper options for various reasons. We couldnt simply drop the price on existing options for many reasons but what we can do is create new options.

So today we are announcing the streaming options available immediately. So you are now able to do things like buy a single DVD access for 1 month or even buy access to everything for 1 year. If you get the everything access you will automatically get free immediate access to whatever comes out during the subscription period.

You can read more info here: http://eat3d.com/streaming/info
05_09_10_streaming.jpg

Also you can check out the streaming system now on the Streaming Page. If you login to the site you will be able to watch many more videos for free.

Regards,
Eat 3D Team

About Eat 3D:
Eat 3D has been feeding your brain for over 2 years with some of the highest quality training that exists. Our goal is to cut through all the nonsense and get straight to the point with practical real world exercises that professionals actively use in production.

EDIT: Above from Riki ^^^

I saw this on facebook this evening! Sounds like a great way to watch the video's, and at a pretty decent rate to boot!. When classes end in June, I'll definitely be watching a few of the new ones that have come out recently this way. Great idea Riki =]

http://eat3d.com/streaming/info

Replies

• KennyTies
    That sounds awesome, I might have to invest some money into this.
  • bounchfx
    holy shit, the rates are great!
  • hijak
    yeah finally would like to see more companies go this way, The dvd's just get pirated, so this should help keep the company profitable.
  • East
    Offline / Send Message
    East polycounter lvl 14
    <buzzkill>Not quite true, it's very easy to record streaming flash video. Not as straightforward as just ripping a DVD of course, but I've used off-the-shelf software to capture live events, and it's just the matter of clicking a button and tell it which stream to capture..</buzzkill>

That said, it's good that they have an option to stream. I'll keep buying the digital downloads, myself though :)
  • Riki
    Offline / Send Message
    Riki polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks Stradigos!

I just posted the info in a thread this morning and didn't even notice this one, haha.

Its not our goal to prevent piracy because as East said, it will never completely work and you are only hurting people who will legitimate buy it. Having said that the streaming is extremely secure and it would indeed be difficult. Instead of going the rout of DT, we really want to provide as many options to people as possible, that is why we are going to make sure and keep the DVDs and Downloads.

Also a few things to mention are:

1. If you get the DVD or Download you will get a month free streaming on that purchase.

2. If you get the Stream Everything bundle for 6 or 12 months, you will actually get free DVDs. Also you will get 35% off any of your orders while the subscription is active.

We hope it end sup being a popular option, but its impossible to tell. Either way we had a great time creating the system and if anything I hope it helps those on a tight budget to be able to watch some of the videos :)
  • Riki
    Offline / Send Message
    Riki polycounter lvl 9
    just thought of something. To anyone who has bought a DVD or Download, if they send us an email through the site we can activate a free 1 month on that video. If you are interested in longer access we can give a significant discount. Just throwing that out there if anyone wants to check it out :)
  • EarthQuake
    I merged the threads here, i dont know if we have any way to re-order the posts or anything, so Riki's post isnt at the top.... I could edit Riki's nicely formated post into the first post here if that is cool with you guys.
  • Riki
    Offline / Send Message
    Riki polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks EQ, whatever works is fine with me :)
  • mdeforge
    Offline / Send Message
    mdeforge polycounter lvl 14
    Riki, I think it was over a year ago when I asked you if Eat3D had any educational packaging options for Universities. I believe you said something about it being in the works and that it's a bit different/difficult with DVD's (I honestly forget exactly what you said at this point).

Anyway, getting to the point, will you be offering any bulk educational streaming packages to Universities now that you have this service?
  • Riki
    Offline / Send Message
    Riki polycounter lvl 9
    Yes we have a model in place for this and also for Physical DVDs in school libraries. It has taken a while to work out a lot of the kinks but we are confident that we have a great solution for schools. Its not limited to schools either, we also are already doing this with game studios too :)
  • Flava-Fly
    Offline / Send Message
    Flava-Fly polycounter lvl 9
    This is great! There are a lot of DVDs I want to have on my desk and I buy them from Eat but sometimes its just a passing interest in alternative workflows. Totally happy to shell out a few £ for a month of checking it out! Good work Riki.
  • EarthQuake
    Alright, tell me if this works for you guys(edited first post).
  • Riki
    Offline / Send Message
    Riki polycounter lvl 9
    perfect, thanks!