Home Technical Talk

Maya Issue (animation)

Andreas
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Andreas polycounter lvl 11
Sometimes when I am working with curves in the graph editor, I go to move them but can't...and a white circle appears, replacing the cursor. What's going on and how can I fix it?

Replies

• SUNCHIRP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You have not selected to 'Move', just press 'w' when this happens.

Regards.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ...D'OH :)

Maya is a tricky bitch.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is it possible to render a playblast straight away as a .MOV? I'm finding it can only export image sequences, then I have to put it together in Premier, which is annoying.

Also, I want to render a turnaround of the animation, but it's a cycle, so the last frame should obviously be omitted. How can I work around this, if I want the camera revolving around the animation while it makes several cycles?
  • sama.van
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sama.van polycounter lvl 14
    Is it possible to render a playblast straight away as a .MOV? I'm finding it can only export image sequences, then I have to put it together in Premier, which is annoying.

Checking the documentation with "playblast" keywork I found that on the first line :

http://download.autodesk.com/us/maya/2009help/index.html?url=Window__Playblast.htm,topicNumber=d0e292972

then Going in the Window//Playblast menu, there is a popup menu you can simply choose the codec.

My advise could be to export a sequential pictures (Can I say that in English? O_o?) because Premiere prefers it than a movie file already compressed.
    Also, I want to render a turnaround of the animation, but it's a cycle, so the last frame should obviously be omitted. How can I work around this, if I want the camera revolving around the animation while it makes several cycles?

Better to do a full melscript it allows you to render automatically a playblast with (max - 1)...

But you can reduce the timeline with the following command :

int $max = `playbackOptions -q -max`;
    playbackOptions -max ($max - 1)

And you will need to apply this after each render :D

int $max = `playbackOptions -q -max`;
    playbackOptions -max ($max + 1)