Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Zombie Models Wanted

I am coding a Q3A version of the CSS Zombie Infection.

I need some low poly zombie player models. If anyone would be so kind as to give up their old zombie player models I would really appreciate it. I am at the point where I have enough code written and compiled to add a model and begin coding around it.

I made one post already about this mod, but not a single response from the modeling community.

Replies

• Cyrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyrael polycounter lvl 10
    well no offense, but I think you havn't gotten any responses is because of the lack of info, to be perfectly honest I wouldn't want to just give up an old model of mine without knowing a little more information about the project, maybe a website you have pertaining to it, or the moddb page, something more than a paragraph. To be completely honest, you've only made 3 posts, therefore you could just be here to grab some free models and run with them. (If you're not here to do that than don't take offense, I'm just pointing out why there may be a lack of response toward your post).
  • ronaldlee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyrael wrote: »
    well no offense, but I think you havn't gotten any responses is because of the lack of info, to be perfectly honest I wouldn't want to just give up an old model of mine without knowing a little more information about the project, maybe a website you have pertaining to it, or the moddb page, something more than a paragraph. To be completely honest, you've only made 3 posts, therefore you could just be here to grab some free models and run with them. (If you're not here to do that than don't take offense, I'm just pointing out why there may be a lack of response toward your post).

Cyrael,

That seems fair enough. I am not here to just grab some quick models and run away. Well, I run an Urban Terror gaming clan. I decided to rebuild the game from the ground up. I started with ioquake3 source and coded it into what would be Q3a (for now) walljumps, powersliding, push-button speed, player healing, and so many other mod-like functions. Next I added all new weapons from another open source mod to prove to myself I could make any old set of weapons work. Then I edited the bots to work with it. Today I have what you might call a Q3A version of Urban Terror that has different weapons. What I have made would require the player to place the pak0.pk3 from Q3A into the build I have so far for it to work.

Now comes the challenge of deciding what to do with this mod. After long discussions with others in my clan we decided to make a game where humans fight against zombie players. Since I am living with Q3A player models today, I would need to replace them (the Q3A models) with humans and since I do not have zombie models I will need that as well. My point is that I need to build my own pak0.pk3 so I can release it without relying on any assets from Q3A.

I think my mod will be a very big hit, but now that the majority of coding is over (save but for a few gametypes and props) I am having difficulty in finding people to help with model making. There is no site to view about the project. Feel free to observe that I run one of the larger than normal Urban Terror clans. Consider that my clan has developed multiple projects already, including special side bar gadgets and complex rcon programs, and so now I am at the point where we will do game development.

I suppose if not a single model maker wants to step forward and perhaps be involved in this project, then I will push forward alone, but it will just take me 10 times longer at least. I have determination and resolve. There is someone out there who would like to have their name rolling on the credits of a popular game mod. There is a little money involved as well. I came here because I thought this was an active community and the place to find model makers. If anyone wants to get serious and work on this project then I can bring them onto my private dev team site (a dev team that has no model maker yet).

I will keep looking and check back here every now and then. In the meantime I will push forward with the making of my radio mod sounds, player sounds, some added shaders and the rebuilding my textures for my open source pak0.pk3. A couple of people have already provided maps with original textures, so I have a little base going. Long post, but I wanted to impress upon you and others who read this that I am a serious person with a very serious goal.

In closing, thanks for taking the time to respond to my post.
  • chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    If you have the majority of coding done you might want to show off what you've got when recruiting with no interesting pics or vids of actual gameplay/progress most artists won't even care about this post.
  • ronaldlee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you have the majority of coding done you might want to show off what you've got when recruiting with no interesting pics or vids of actual gameplay/progress most artists won't even care about this post.

I will make a few videos of what I have. I will put them on my 1up Clan youtube and then link it here.