Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] low-poly computer

a low poly model of my computer chassi (will have the interior when im finished), its not textured yet, will be textured when im done with the model, post your feedback on the model plz

25760_111292745556275_100000266495355_191897_631301_n.jpg
i know there is error on the front, its meant to be there so it looks like holes

gaefa.jpg
wireframe pic if wanted

model info (from current model version)
Poly: 67
tris: 175
verts: 100
# of objects: 2 (chassi-frame (displayed grey) and chassi-shell (displayed yellow)).

Replies

• Hoopla!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hoopla! polygon
    i bet if you tried you could get the tri count to half of that.

looks like you got some nasty ngons going in the front also.

this is two objects? not sure why.

are you working from reference?

keep going man, youl get it.
  • felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    felipefrango polycounter lvl 9
    Yeah, figure out how close a player would be able to see the model in a game and from that plan ahead the amount of detail you need to put into it. Depending on the answer some of this detail (such as the holes) could be normal mapped, it'd be much easier and would save you some tris. :thumbup:

Also, these renders are doing you no good, I suggest just taking a screenshot of the viewport. It's faster and easier than setting up a decent render and you see the model in real time, without anti aliasing or other fancy stuff.
  • Amarth93
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Feli, i just did quick renders as a friend wanted to see what i was working with, i can post new pics if you want
  • felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    felipefrango polycounter lvl 9
    It'd be cool if you could post them as it'd make some details clearer, you can't tell what's going on in certain parts. The wireframe render is particularly dark. This is what I meant before:

http://felipefrango.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/wire.jpg

Just taking a screenshot of your viewport with black wireframe showing almost always does the trick. You can even turn Statistics on (hotkey "7", go to Configure Viewport>Statistics to customize it) and have the polycount showing. :D
  • Amarth93
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hgmng.th.jpg
    jrsh.th.jpg
    like this?? i have added some interior in there, will be some more and will half the tris on the front when im done as it will be normal mapped after i exported the maps, will be same with most things inside too, only the mobo wont need that