Home General Discussion

Resident Evil: Afterlife Release Date + Photos.

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Baj Singh polycounter lvl 9
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/wonderconnews.php?id=64716

Not the best series, but still its always worth at least one watch.

Also, is that Wentworth Miller as Christ Redfield?

Replies

• snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    Interesting. Initial impressions look to be better than RE3.
    I like the addition of the ax wielding Majini. :)
    And might that be Wesker throwing his sunglasses?
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Sadly it will be pants. I love Milla as much as the next guy but the plots so far gone from the games its unreal. At least we may get a Clair Redfield/Chris Redfield/Albert Wesker fight in this one...

Also the reboot sounds even worse. They noticed they cocked up on the plot of the films in relation to the games so they are gonna start over by remaking the first movie again with the same plot... Do they REALLY not see the stupidity in that? Give me a few STARS guys, in a mansion, trying to survive crazy ass shit that some nnutter left there who then happen to stumble on a lab. And make it LOOK like the game, it can't be that hard to find a creepy ass house and throw dogs through the window ffs...
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    Milla's alright in the movies. I'm a bit tired of Anderson's 'let's make my wife look like a badass' schtick though.
    The first one was pretty cool but should have not had sequels. Second was okay. The third was a fair bit of garbage.

Sigh... reboot... of course... rehash it again and make it worse so they have to reboot it again after 3 more sequels.
  • vcool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First was alright, second was alright as well but worse than the first one, third was ridiculous so I'm not getting my hopes up.

My sister will be happy though, she likes the series alot.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    awesome.

i am excited by the path these movies have taken. if the fourth follows the curve, we will be approaching the crystalline perfection of a bad action movie. and i mean that in all the best ways.

shoot some more shit, milla. +1
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
  • fullofclovers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fullofclovers polygon
    I totally forgot about this series. Never saw 3. Guess I gotta catch up now and check this one out.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    If I want to watch something really shitty but kinda fun if you don't care, I watch the RE movies. If I want to watch some pretty cool action and a cheesy but cool story with insane special effects, I play the RE games!
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    I have seen all of the RE movies. And I freely awknowledge that they are not good movies.

I never understood how they could drop the ball so badly with the first movie. For me, a major appeal of the first Resident Evil game was that it was set in a spooky old mansion. That was a good first setting for a zombie movie. In the film, they use some piss-poor modernized mansion, and hardly spend five minutes in it. After that its all brushed steel and chrome laboratories.

The second movie...was very bad. I'll leave it at that.

The third movie had a few more interesting ideas, but was let down by the execution. And the guy they chose to play Wesker was dissapointing.

I have no faith in this fourth film. I will still see it. One of my good friends is stupid for this film series.