Home General Discussion

Tip for x-continent shipping/storage (North Am only)

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
MagicSugar polycounter lvl 10
http://www.pods.com/

I don't have first hand experience but I just saw my next door neighbour get his empty crate today (truck delivered, robotically dropped in place).

When it comes to shipping all I know is u-haul. Maybe this would help somebody when they shop for movers.

Replies

• slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    yup, my neighbour got one as well for storage when he has his house completely redone on the inside. he wasnt there when they dropped it off, but he drew on his driveway with chalk, a giant square with "door here" on one end so they put it in the right spot. Didnt hear any complaints from him.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I was going to use Pods until the snowstorm from hell hit DC, Pods won't deliver if there's ice on the ground and they need a 14 ft wide space to deliver. So I ended up getting a U-Haul and driving it up myself. The only scary part was when 95 goes through NYC.
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    Pods works fine. You don't have much stuff, pack it very well in boxes and it will be painless. I used them for my exodus from Chicago. Almost a whole house (3 bed, basement, living, kitchen) for $1200.

U-Haul worked out to be more than having these people pick it up and deliver it. And driving a moving van wasn't my idea of fun... as I wanted to tear ass from Chicago to Houston.