Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP my UDK project

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
gabkosit polycounter lvl 12
I have been working on it for a couple months. I hope you enjoy.

frontgate.jpg

alienship02.jpg

15762135.jpg

goldentemple.jpg

Replies

• Matroskin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matroskin polycounter lvl 11
    i like your sci-fi architecture :)
    Reminds me somehow of 80ies -early 90ies sci-fi...

I guess u need to place some pillars under the large done (referring to 3rd image, with pillars' hall), otherwise it is kinda hanging in the empty.

Also probably u'll need to break the monotonous metal texture for large metal objects like huge disk sticking from the sand or the entrance gates. I can feel the weight and "old metalness" (:P) which is quite cool, but now they lack some rust or color variations.
  • duxun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the rock on the right side of your first pic has a seam that i can see... can you turn that mesh a bit its all.. other than that im loving your architecture as well ..
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really like what you have here so far.

Right now, everything looks so empty. Some more details/props would help fill up the large open areas better.

I like the design of all the architecture, especially the front gates.
  • gabkosit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the architectural style is sci-fi plus fantasy, hight tech looks but decorated with ornaments.
    The builging is not finish yet. I just throw the set in to figure out what to do next. Definitely I need some kind of arch doorway and wall to enclosed the building. A lot of props need to be made for sure. Thank for your comments , ps. I will rotate that rock.
  • gabkosit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It had been a while since last post. I was so busy at work.

door02.jpg

door.jpg
  • duxun
  • gabkosit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • gabkosit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    it is still a WIP. What i have in mind is a single player turn based game something like FinalFantasy. The reason is that I can put a lot of thing into the scene without worring about fram rate
  • ajr2764
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ajr2764 polycounter lvl 10
    Looking real good, I like your texture work so far. Interesting mix of architecture and incorparting the vaulted ceilings.
  • gabkosit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tiledset01.jpg
    Shot at 2010-03-27

tiledset02.jpg
    Shot at 2010-03-27

some more work for this week
  • Andy Kerr - Art
    Those four uniformed squares on the latest corridor are catching my attention too much.

I am unsure if it is part of the wall design or some freakishly uniformed wear n tear. If it part of the wall design I would suggest making it more readable, maybe add some more contrast too the squares or maybe just break up the worn areas around the four squares a bit.

just some thoughts man.

your dedication and hard work is paying off :D
  • JordanW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanW polycounter lvl 19
    You need to be thinking more about the composition of your level. Currently your medium sized details do not overlap and there are a lot of hard separating lines in your level. The latest example is the easiest to see what I'm talking about. Each unique surface ends in a line with no overlap or blending of areas, Here's a quick paintover to show what I'm talking about

wallpaintover01.jpg
  • Campaignjunkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Campaignjunkie polycounter lvl 18
    I feel like the boxy facade and the nice lovely vaulted arches of the interior are from two different buildings. Shouldn't the front of the building have arches as well? It'll show off the interior better too. Right now, it's like there's this rectangular slab of trim covering the front.
  • gabkosit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for comments and suggestions I definitely will work more on the floor and wall details
  • gabkosit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i am quite curious. Is it possible? If I want to create my own game from UDK by starting from art and design documents and then find an engineer to work on the game logics. I want to do something like Final Fantasy 12 . I don't want to do the whole game I just want to complete just a chapter of it. After that I will present to the publishers or game studios. Is it just a stupid dream ?
  • PredatorGSR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PredatorGSR polycounter lvl 14
    You'd probably need a decent portfolio of completed projects before a publisher would talk to you. For example, that you'd worked for AAA developers on shipped titles that you had a lot of input in, or that you and a small team had created several successful mods or indie games. Creating good art is an essential part of making a game, but design and programming are the other pillars of a good game, and you've got to have all 3. You need to have a lot of experience creating a complete games because you will make a lot of mistakes and I doubt anyone gets it right on the first try.
  • gabkosit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fix02.jpg
    Shot at 2010-03-30

fix01.jpg
    Shot at 2010-03-30

I got some footing and arch pieces done today. I am quite concerned to put too many footing pieces along the wall because it might obstruct player. The texture is a little bit uniform for now. I will do some more work on it. Please ignore textures on floor and wall. I will do something mush more cooler than this
  • gabkosit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    21771656.jpg

finally I got time to get the floor done