Home General Discussion

I almost feel like there should be...

ngon master
Offline / Send Message
ZacD ngon master
I almost feel like there should be two more sticky-ed threads, "Portfolio questions", and "help me get a job/break into the industry"

It seems like we get multiple threads a week about those 2 topics (there's 2 on the first page right now. Not saying its a bad thing, but a lot of the questions are the same, and some of the, those simple questions don't really need a whole thread.

I know this page already has a lot of sticky threads, but we probably could get rid of "Polycount is not your blog. Please read. UPDATED" and just add that to the rules.

Replies

• DarthNater
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarthNater polycounter lvl 10
    Wow Zac, you finally made a reply (and even a whole thread at that!) that had some value to it! I'm so proud of you :)

Anyway, I do agree about the portfolio sticky, the job one, not so much. I think if you're asking a question like that, you deserve to be flamed. Get into the industry like everyone else does, hard work and networking!
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Well the job one is more like, "I'm starting at square one, how do I become a character artist?" "What program should I use?" "Should I go to this school?"
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You can still point people to the archives, its where those types of stickies went to retire.
    http://boards.polycount.net/forumdisplay.php?f=52

People still post in them too, they just aren't cluttering up the main forums any more.
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    threads like that will always exist because your average user is not going to want to spend the time to look for an answer in another thread, even if it is up at the top in a sticky. they will want a personalized response and they will want to know quickly... what better way to get that than start your own thread?

if we need anything around here, it is an animated facepalm greenie..... i would pay money for one of those (insert facepalm greenie here).
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    do some of you guys just asume kub and adam and the other admins do not have functioning brains or something? They're more than capable of realizing ideas like this on their own. If they haven't done it they apparently don't want to.