Home General Discussion

Flotilla

http://www.blendogames.com/flotilla/

flotillascreen01.jpg

Just seeing if anyone else has checked this out. I tried the demo last night after following development, really fun and seems like it has depth to skirmishes. UI, music, and look of this game are great as well. Coming to XBLA/Indie as well, not sure when though.

$10 is a steal (and I believe you also get a physical copy sent to you as well, S&H included in price).

Replies

• rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    reminds me of homeworld

looks cool might pick that up for PC
  • sicsided
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No love for Flotilla :(

Well, I'll post some of my adventure log that I had recently. Too long for the full thing so here is my first couple of planet/escapades.
    ============================
    Sicsided's Log: Adventure 4

Armed with nothing but a bone to pick and seven months left to live, I embarked on my last adventure.

I found baby Yetis chewing my power conduits. I chose to eject them out the airlock.. they were my navigational officer's. She resigned and left my crew today.

On a trip to core planets, we bumped into "The Crisium". After brief talks into clean up efforts of lost ships, I was hired and they paid me with a brand new Destroyer.

Month 2, we encoured a haunted lost cruces ship. I chose to add it to my Flotilla.

One day after month 2, we encounted another lost, derelict ship. Hollowing noises erupted from its hull, the crew was scared and so was I. With the problem of the Bruja rising, we chose to stop the exploration and leave the ship at once.

While inspecting our new haunted Flotilla, I discovered two Toucan stowaways. Their charming wit and promise of a map showing the outer planets persuaded me to let them stay. I was then handed a napkin.
  • vcool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I played the demo a few days ago, it was fun but it's not that easy. I managed to win against the PC in Skirmish only on my 10th time or so. I used two destroyers, one of which got shot down in the first minute of the game.
    By extremely careful flanking I managed to take down the enemy destroyer and the beam gunship with one destroyer of my own, and that felt good. The game lasted about 5 minutes.
    It sucks you can't save playbacks. I'd definitely save a video of my game.
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    The Game looks very interesting!
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Hey this isnt about Mass Effect
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    I havent really looked in to these types of RTS games entirely. Like this one reminds me of Beyond Protocol, which I havent tried either, I just over looked a class mate of mine who was playing it. But I would love to try the demo of it just to see how everything works.
    Thanks for sharing. :)
  • vcool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon wrote: »
    Hey this isnt about Mass Effect

Where's my Hammerhead.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Omfg i love this game
    My brother named his Character Wang Yen-Li as a parody of legend of the galactic heroes
    haahah