ralusek polycounter lvl 10
front1e.jpg

inspired by warcraft, warhammer, and...sinbad

Replies

• ralusek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    did some finishing details and have started texturing. this is basically the base coat i think
    cyclopscolored.jpg

any tips for really making details pop out when texturing would be great (i've been experimenting with AO and cavity masking, and that makes for some interesting results). if anybody has perfected something or has a cool trick, would be awesome :D
  • Gallows
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gallows polycounter lvl 9
    I think it has a lot of potential, but I'd say rework the legs a bit, they seem not to match. But that's just my opinion. The texture base looks pretty nice, but to make it really pop, just make sure you play with a few compliments and make good contrasting choices. Especially between the armor bits and skin.
  • Valandar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Valandar polycounter lvl 18
    Right now the texture just seems to mush together. Play with the saturation and brightness of the different areas a bit and it'll pop a lot more. I know you said you just started, but for a more stylized form like that more dramatic shades really bring it to life.
  • ralusek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gave him a little more love. hopefully the textures pop better now
    posed.jpg
  • achillesian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i think the top half of the monster is really looking good (some alpha planes to extend the growth on his back would be cool), his hand's texture looks a little bland and not popping the different areas of the hand (palm side of fingers lighter softer, outside darker and rougher?) the legs, i just dont know about the legs. They look alright i guess, but they just dont appeal to me, and the feet seem too dinosaur'ish.
  • ralusek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ya i was thinkin alphas as well. i want him to have some cool flowers maybe some vines as well