Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Tiros

So, I haven't been around this forum too much earlier. But now that the staff is handing over GA to CGSociety (Used to be a mod there) I decided to find myself a new life and came here :)

Don't got much to show, yet. Just started working on a UT3 level with two other guys, so it's just a small test with the props/materials, lighting and post-processing so far. And in the background there's a very very rough block-out of the level. It's pretty much gonna be a bit futuristic Chinatown/industrial city, which stretches above the clouds.

wip01.jpg

The lanterns ain't done by me btw (they're created by Casper Nilsson, dunno his name on polycount).. just thought I'd mention.

And while we're at it, I thought I might aswell include some older work.

35k8uwp.jpg

2h5p6wp.jpg

trailer.jpg

Replies

• Marnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marnik polycounter lvl 8
    I'm liking your work so far. Just one request... Can you post some wires and the textures on your building??? I really like it and wanna see them!
  • Adam L. Gray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Marnik. Hope you don't mind that I send a link to the folio, but I cba to combine and/or upload all the textures atm. You can find most of em on this page though: http://adamfransson.awardspace.com/coaching_inn.html

It's basically small 256² and 512² textures. That's except from the foilage and ground-textures which weren't updated as I re-textured the whole building a while ago. It used to be a 2048² with more unique space and less texel density.

As for the wire,

wirez9qh3trbqw.jpg

Sorry bout that crappy render. There's some horizontal edges in the which ain't really needed. As this is a rather old piece and the edges were nessecary before I re-worked it, i stupidly enough welded em together with other details in there. Might go back and fix it sometime tho' :)

/edit: Wire for the other stuff is also on the folio.

Cheers
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Remember you posting that building a while ago, and damn, it is a sexy little house.
  • Christian Hjerpe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Christian Hjerpe polycounter lvl 11
    Like your stuff! Im actually working on some asian style buildings aswell at the moment. Would love to see some wires from your building.
  • Adam L. Gray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pzy: Apart from bsp boxes, there's just this:

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7471/wireusbus.jpg

Started working on modular pieces so that I can build on to the stuff later:

buildinghaq9fuawbfh.jpg

Lost all my motivation for the moment, but I reckon it'll be back soon. Oh, and don't mind the weird scale with the biped and the building. The stuff is a bit too big indeed, but because of UT3's weird FOV it looks just right once in-game.

Anyhow, any crits would be appreciated.
  • Christian Hjerpe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the wireframe shots Tiros!

Dont have any crits at the moment. I know its early in the progress but later on I think a lot of modern stuff like electric wires, satelite dishes etc would be cool. Maybe have a look at Stranglehold for inspiration?
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Pretty kick ass textures Tiros!
    Those trailers look real.

Cheers
  • Adam L. Gray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys :)

The electric stuff was a good idea really. I'm working on a powerbox and some stuff like that atm. Will upload a new shot once I got a bit more to show.

Anywho, here's a door I did for 'Prometheus' recently. The top ones are those which will be used in the game, and the bottom one is a variation which I liked. All rendered in unreal. Oh, and the logo ain't mine btw... just grabbed that one from the shared work folder.

doorclosed.jpg

dooropen.jpg

doorvar.jpg

/edit: an update on those doors.
  • Adam L. Gray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So, it was supposed to be a full and closed environment, with the deadline being tomorrow, and so far I've ended up with this...

building.jpg

So, that's kinda fail :/
  • vofff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vofff polycounter lvl 10
    LOL thats no good:)
  • Adam L. Gray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Right, latest project. Should have posted here earlier but didn't which is a shame. The deadline is tomorrow and I gotta get up early, so won't have time to do any major changes as the lighting bake takes bout an hour and a half.

Anyhow, anyone has any minor speedy suggestions, and also, which one do you guys prefer, the ones without AO, or the ones with AO (Last two are the ones which have AO)

I'm thinking I might go for AO and brighten it up a tad.

/edit: new images here: http://adamfransson.awardspace.com/studio_level.html

Cheerioes!
  • Adam L. Gray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a little something I've been working on lately.. It's a box, as you can see, but not for weapons mind you. Gonna cut out some of that foam and shove some sort of egyptian statue or something in it. Just the highpoly so far.

And those blue lines could be look-at constraints for the dampers.. or they could be high-frequency lasers designed to cut any burglars balls off.. Either way I dunno how to get rid of em.

boxcx.jpg
  • Sir Talbott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm diggin that medieval house. Spiffy stuff.
  • Adam L. Gray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks man :)

Well, here's the finished highpoly. Might add something more, but dunno what.

boxev.jpg
  • Christian Hjerpe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking really nice! I wanna see some shiny gold stuff in there. Maybe have a look at the treasures in Uncharted for inspiration.
  • Adam L. Gray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been a while since I put anything on here now. Recently picked up an env again due to too much spare time -.o

Also tried out mudbox and damn it's a nice app. Finally made (more or less) my first ever properly sculpted model too. Which made me so proud I had to snap a few shots of it :p

bridgeudk.jpg

bridge3ds.jpg

It's slightly on the high in the tri-count with 5234 tris. But more or less everything is supposed to be in this scene, and the texture is a 2048.

Might switch those chains for a rope since they kind of break the highpoly illusion there. And may also bake an ao-map for that rope on a second uv-channel since right now it's tiled.

Cheers.
  • Adam L. Gray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Soooo, the outdoors scene is on hold for now. Gonna get back to it later when I have the motivation to do it. As for now I'm working on a new indoors scene, but I'll spare the details for later, it's a secret ;o

I thought I'd at least post up this thing in the meanwhile though. It's not really done yet, and sort of mixed with highpoly & mid-poly blockout shapes. But it'll get there, and then I'll post up some updates when I got further on the scene.

The stuff in the middle is windows btw. It's supposed to go in the ceiling.

thingthing.jpg

Cheerps
  • paulsvoboda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    paulsvoboda polycounter lvl 12
    Really solid stuff here Adam. That last art deco piece is coming along nice, it will be interesting to see how you make the low. Perhaps emphasizing a few of the shapes slightly more would help or even pushing some of the areas slightly deeper as there's a lot of detail that may get lost in the low. Great stuff!