Home General Discussion

Tatsunoko vs Capcom

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Eclipse polycounter lvl 18
Really guys?! No one is excited about this or getting this?!?! I thought we were gamers! This is a damn awesome title I had the great fortune to play on a friend's modded Wii (the Japanese release). I am really surprised it came stateside but super happy it did. Where is all the love?!

Replies

• seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    ok I'll bite, I wasnt big on this at 1st because I didnt see interesting characters until today I realized that they had Zero (from megaman X series not the Zero series) as a playable character...it made me want to pick up a copy

when I sell my kidney for extra cash (damn you economy for keeping me unemployed and not giving me a job so I can earn moneyz! ) I will pick up a copy of this!

Game play looks fun very marvel versus capcom feel to it :D
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheMadArtist polycounter lvl 12
    From what I've read it's very much simplified when compared to other Capcom fighters. No real focus on a defensive mindset. Basically it allows less experienced players to be able to dish out the huge combos and super attacks a lot easier. Cool characters though, but I think I'll pass on this one.
  • DarthNater
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarthNater polycounter lvl 10
    I'm tired of these 'them vs. them' fighters. They all play the same, its just a re-skinned version of any other fighter....

If they do PBS Childrens shows vs. Disney Childrens shows though, I'm game....
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    I was excited, which is why I got it and played it 16 months ago. It was awesome. Great game.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    WTF DOUBLE POST?
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    DarthNater wrote: »
    I'm tired of these 'them vs. them' fighters. They all play the same, its just a re-skinned version of any other fighter....

If they do PBS Childrens shows vs. Disney Childrens shows though, I'm game....

I dunno, I'm not a huge fighter player but I remember SNK vs. Capcom playing alot differently than Marvel vs. Capcom. I didn't like all the floaty arial combat of MvC, I prefered SvC it felt like there was alot more weight to the characters... and it seemed a bit more brutal but that could be the fact that I played Evil Iori who has alot of in your face slams that look brutal.
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I dunno, I'm not a huge fighter player but I remember SNK vs. Capcom playing alot differently than Marvel vs. Capcom. I didn't like all the floaty arial combat of MvC, I prefered SvC it felt like there was alot more weight to the characters... and it seemed a bit more brutal but that could be the fact that I played Evil Iori who has alot of in your face slams that look brutal.

Well, MvC2 was a very broken fighting game. Entertaining, but not exactly a very technical game. Capcom vs SNK 2 was a much more balanced and technical fighter. The various grooves you can select had a big impact on how you played. You could play Iori one way and then have to play him completely different depending on which groove you selected. Then there was the whole roll canceling thing. I probably prefer that game to Third Strike actually.
  • Eclipse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is definitely not a technical man's fighting game to be played in tournaments, but it is hella fun! I have friends who range from studying frame data all the way to myself (the only 'fighting' games I ever payed for was the smash series) and we all play TvC together and love it. It really has such great range for fighting game fans. And while they did make it more easily accessible for first time players, there is a lot of depth to the combat system if you want to master it.
    DarthNater wrote: »

What do you mean 'these'? There hasn't been a game released in the VS series for many years...(unless you count the re-release of MvC2 on XBLA and PSN)
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eclipse wrote: »
    This is definitely not a technical man's fighting game to be played in tournaments, but it is hella fun! I have friends who range from studying frame data all the way to myself (the only 'fighting' games I ever payed for was the smash series) and we all play TvC together and love it.

Yeah there's definitely places for both types of fighting games. I might have to check it out eventually.
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    I've played it.

You don't do a quarter circle to do fireball. you just press down and punch.

No Z motion for Dragon punch, you just press forward and punch.

It's lame, and I wouldn't recommend it.
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    I probably prefer that game to Third Strike actually.
    Blasphemer!!!
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    JacqueChoi wrote: »
    I've played it.

You don't do a quarter circle to do fireball. you just press down and punch.

No Z motion for Dragon punch, you just press forward and punch.

It's lame, and I wouldn't recommend it.

This isnt true, afaik. It's an optional 'automatic' control scheme, just like in mvc. Traditional inputs are still there, and should be used if you want to deal serious damage with combos/cancels.
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok picked up today and unlocked zero, im happy

shut up dont judge me

(still prefer 3rd strike but its a fun change and something "new" people will play versus me brining out 3rd strike every time I have friends over...or sf4...or smashbrothers....or original MVC2..)
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    From what I've read it's very much simplified when compared to other Capcom fighters. No real focus on a defensive mindset. Basically it allows less experienced players to be able to dish out the huge combos and super attacks a lot easier. Cool characters though, but I think I'll pass on this one.

you obviously didn't play marvel VS capcom ;)
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    The 3D animations look so much better in that one than in SF4, its kinda embarrassing for them I think!!
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    yeah pior, but they did match up the animations for sf4 to a game from the snes era, frame to frame.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    well actually not at all
    they both reference SF2 and third strike for their 'sprite behaviour',
    But SF4 interpolates everything and makes motion look rubbery and very off-balance, while TvC is not affraid of pop-through frames jumping in, making for a much snappier look and feel!!

If you look at chunlis super in both SF4 and TvC you'll notice that the move is the same (based on the 3Strike super) but TvCs looks much more dynamic. Also the camera is much more stable/less nauseous in TvC in my opinion.

Bybye SF4!
  • pior
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    pior, I stand corrected, I did not however say I was an expert, or in any way knowledable in streetfighter :)

"But SF4 interpolates everything and make motion look rubbery and very off-balance, while TvC is not affraid of pop-through frames jumping in, making for a much snappier look and feel!!"

I think you hit it right on the head here.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT2dxpwmfGo[/ame]

excited! (for the exhibition of ryu, not the half broken combo)

modified sf3 moveset oh man. Wish i had a wii.
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eh, I'll take BlazBlu over either Sf4 or Tatsunoko vs Capcom :D

Although some of those vids make me want to give it a whirl more and more.
  • Eclipse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you have a Wii already TheMadArtist you definitely should, it's worth the money and a TON of fun. It is most enjoyed with friends I feel instead of trying to break down every move and become the best, though. So if you are more technical with the way you play you will probably still really enjoy it, but it won't be better then BlazBlu.
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so how do we friend each other so we can fight one another?

I barley use my wii enough to really know how to go about that

did a few quick net plays

a bit of lag but not bad, I cant really do crazy combos yet and some of my moves have a "slight" delay but other then that my zero /cashreen seem like a good team as well as zero/alex

still trying to find my all star 2ndary character (I love frank west but his move set is a bit unpredictable damn falling zombies and crap and megaman volnuts move set are backwards with the constant weapon switch instead of firing his weapon..)
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    Oh man, I still remember that awesome Tekkeman Blade model for Quake II. I think I still have a copy of it on a disc at my house. It was always one of my favorite Quake II player models.

I might have to get a copy of TvsC just to see a modern interpretation in action in a fighting game.
  • Sandbag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sandbag polycounter lvl 18
    I found the last boss somewhat infuriatingly retarded, but playing as a giant gold refrigerator robot was pretty hilarious.

I was just watching the gf playing it though so I'm surely no expert, aside from a few stand outs (GGX2, original SF2, SmashBros) I dont really play fighting games much.