Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Jungle Adventure - Environement

Hi, im a new one here. here is a preview of my last environement. Some feedback will be really appreciated before I put it on my site.
Thanks in advance.
Enjoy

12.jpg
22.jpg
007.jpg
16.jpg13.jpg

Replies

• Daniel Doerksen
    looks great but jungle adventure............................................................................................

island adventure me thinks
  • Cyrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyrael polycounter lvl 10
    haha I was thinking the same thing.. morelike island paradise.

it looks great. the thing that stands out to me is the shader you chose to use on the water - kind of off putting when compared with the rest of the enviro.
  • brandoom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brandoom polycounter lvl 13
    I like it. Nice rocks.

The only thing I notice is how saturated your plants are. The tree leaves look good, but i think the other foliage is a little too green. You can really notice it in the top down angle.

If your thinking about adding more too it, i would suggest a fire pit, and maybe some little fishies for the water. lol

Great work though. I wish i lived there!

:)
  • ivan0v
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i think the sea shader is really aperant from the top view when seeing a huge chunk of the environement, ill look into it
  • Razvan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow. Nice overall scene. How long did it take you to build, what did you render it in and what is the polycount? And I think you could populate the water a bit more. Looks a bit deserted :P
    And just as a detail: the bank where the water meets the sand, make that look like it is wet :)
  • ivan0v
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    it took 1couple of weeks I in total i think. It seems deserted from the top view, but i'am not sure if ill use that image at all. i was thinking of putting some fishing boats but i had to pass on another thing..

the polycount is around 400 000
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AimBiZ polycounter lvl 14
    Looks really nice and cozy. Imo I'd make it all a bit more saturated, to really give that tropical paradise feel.
    If it's possible it would be really nice if you could make the deeper parts of the water turn darker, to create more variety.

What renderer are you using?
  • ivan0v
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Shogun3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    I like the scene here, however a few suggestions that may offer to build the scene a bit.

1. Some taller grass to accentuate the rocky regions would be a great way to blend your vertex transitions, I feel the sand could be pushed a lot more as far as tileable normals go, etc. Possibly some decals to break that up.

2. Some water based coral or rocks would a magnificent way to ease the shift from the water to the shorelines. Right now you have a lot of interesting elements on the island but not so much in the water. Some simplistic modular coral that you can repeat with color variations in shader would allow for a very nice look.

3. Sky - Add some atmospherics and bring in some more sharper and stronger clouds! You can also try shifting your lighting for the time of day and get in a nice directional angle to allow for interesting shadows.

4. Barrels - I can only see 3 and they seem too small in scale. It would be fantastic to see some more in different positions, sideways, angled, buried into the sand, scattered...possibly a few along the shore?

I think this piece is strong but can be brought on even stronger. Great work thus far.
  • serialkiler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kaburan wrote: »
    I like the scene here, however a few suggestions that may offer to build the scene a bit.

1. Some taller grass to accentuate the rocky regions would be a great way to blend your vertex transitions, I feel the sand could be pushed a lot more as far as tileable normals go, etc. Possibly some decals to break that up.

2. Some water based coral or rocks would a magnificent way to ease the shift from the water to the shorelines. Right now you have a lot of interesting elements on the island but not so much in the water. Some simplistic modular coral that you can repeat with color variations in shader would allow for a very nice look.

3. Sky - Add some atmospherics and bring in some more sharper and stronger clouds! You can also try shifting your lighting for the time of day and get in a nice directional angle to allow for interesting shadows.

4. Barrels - I can only see 3 and they seem too small in scale. It would be fantastic to see some more in different positions, sideways, angled, buried into the sand, scattered...possibly a few along the shore?

I think this piece is strong but can be brought on even stronger. Great work thus far.

you can see barrels :P

PS: I saw then to after you talked about then :D

___

Add more barrels :thumbup:
  • Shogun3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thou foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it. Amen.
  • ivan0v
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the advice. I'll put some more variety. I have started some fishing boats also but I had to pass on another project, will see If I have the time. ill try to change the water shader also. Thanks for the feedback!