Home Technical Talk

Illustrator - Animation Visualisation Question

Hello,

Just started using Illustrator to create clean artwork for iPhone use, icons, characters, text, backdrops, etc.

With characters ( or anything else needing to be 'animated' ), I will create animation 'frames', but I cannot obviously 'visualise' this very well in Illustrator, no onion skinning or the like.

I was wondering, for those that have been possibly in the same situation before, what some of you people might recommend to get round this problem, or what solutions have ' you ' come up with when dealing with vector art and 'animation' ?

I did consider 'flash' as this offers the onion skinning, but I know Illustrator mostly, and would appreciate any help geared in that direction first and foremost, thanks.

Replies

• oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Honestly, Illustrator really isnt cut out for animation. Flash is not that hard to learn, in some ways, simpler than Illustrator. Could you import your characters from Illustrator into Flash?

Otherwise all I can think of is layers upon layers each with their transparency slightly reduced.
  • kaptainkernals
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kaptainkernals polycounter lvl 12
    You can import your illustrator artwork into flash very easily - if working in CS4, i know that it works very well, not sure below CS4 however, gives you quite a bit of import options.
  • BLOODCURVE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the replies.

I thought I would end up visualising any animation in flash, it's not really a big deal, I was just curious to see if I could keep it all in the same package somehow ( plugin, etc ).

Thanks.