Home General Discussion

Medal Of Duty Model Honor

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
odium polycounter lvl 18
Sorry, I mean, erm, Afghan... Or whatever it was called? Anyway! TRAILER!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/medal-of-spike-tv/59827

And after that terrible way to start a thread, I have to say... SHIIIIIIIIT! Looks damn good! Isn't this being done on the BF:BC2 engine by Dice as well...? So far it looks a lot more Dead Space than Dante's Inferno, in that they took the idea of one game and made it their own, but better. MW2 isn't all its cracked up to be, IMO, but thats just me.

Anyway, this trailers pumping out some serious ingame detail.

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    What do you mean by "serious ingame detail"?

I thought the character models and textures looked pretty "meh" at best, they're not bad but I don't think they're as detailed or crisp as the MW2 characters. The textures especially are very bland and almost blurry. Same with the vehicle textures that were shown.

The environments look decent, but really nothing to write home about IMHO. It looks very generic to me, I think MW2 already did this style better, that's where the bar is for this type of game and it doesn't appear to have been raised here.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    MW2 didn't set a bar to anything. It simply nudged the bar the amazing MW1 made. It was a let down, and seriously not as perfect as the first made one you feel it was for its time.

Clearly you haven't played BF:BC2 beta yet then either? Ingame, the detail just cant be matched, but most importantly is the ambience they created. The game SOUNDS perfect, much, much better than both COD4 and MW2.
  • pyromania
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pyromania polycounter lvl 18
    The outdoor lighting looks good, but I think its overpowering the character textures. They all seem to of had the contrast sucked out of them.
  • Dippndots
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    totally agree with pyro, so much lack of shadow, and they need to turn thier AO's to 11. asides from that it looks awesome but its gonna have a lot of competition with MW2, BF:RC2 and Spec Ops
  • Gilgamesh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gilgamesh polycounter lvl 12
    Clearly you haven't played BF:BC2 beta yet then either? Ingame, the detail just cant be matched, but most importantly is the ambience they created. The game SOUNDS perfect, much, much better than both COD4 and MW2.

But it's boring as watching paint dry, having to get a vehicle and ride 20-30seconds 'just' to get back into the fight is tedious at best and game killing at worst for me. The inclusion of vehicles in a fps just kills the game for me as well. Anyone who has played any sort of Battlefield can attest to the tank campers, vehicle stealer's, people who run you over (on your own team) just for shits and giggles just makes bf:bc2 game a poor imitation.

As for MoH, it looks 'ok' I will hold off judgement when I am not looking at canned moments in the game and look at proper gameplay. But it does look like they have said "oh wow look at the millions sold on CoD : Modern warfare we need to do this asap!".
  • Martin Henriksson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Martin Henriksson polycounter lvl 9
    Vehicles and traveltime is exactly why BF is NOT a poor imitation or an imitation at all. You knock the BF series for beeing an imitation but what you really want is for it to be more like CoD? Besides the BF series is older then CoD isnt it?

Personally i think that not instantly getting back to fight is a good thing as it keeps you on your toes and makes it alot more exciting. I think that CoD MW2 is alot more fun without respawns.

Edit to get on topic:

Trailer looks good but i agree that the characters look alot less realistic then in MW2, the lighting looks much better imo!
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    Yeah I love the lighting, perfectly fits hot dusty Afghanistan.
    They're using UE3 with Beast btw.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    I loled at the end bit.

Graphics are far superior to MW2 in my opinion. Also yay for vehicles, that's where Killzone falls on its ass. I'll be watching out for this now.