Home General Discussion

Artrage 3

robioto
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
robioto polycounter lvl 18
Did a search and couldn't find a mention of it, looks awesome!

here's a youtube video demoing the new stamp tool and this dudes presets

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17eyle6nGCI[/ame]

and here's the web page with the version 3 info on it, looks like it'll be inexpensive too according to the pricing info

http://www.artrage.com/artrage3.html

Replies

• BigHoss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks pretty cool. Didn't go look at the website so don't really know anymore than what was shown the vid.
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    Nice video and prices. 40/80$ is really not much even for me as a poor student ;)
  • willy-wilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    willy-wilson polycounter lvl 8
    looks like mypaint and mypaint is about to get an update soon too.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Willy: It really is nothing like mypaint, as that's not really an emulation of paints, whereas artrage really is. It does that thick impasto paint really well.
    Having said that, I'm really looking forward to the next final version of mypaint, as the unstable builds don't like my wacom, which is an enormous pain in the arse. Also, that brush-editor is one hell of a maze, haha.
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    Yeah, I have 2, will get this.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Woah solid release!
    Suck it up Painter!!!
    The tilt sensitive Airbrush and the pencil post-processed line smoothing are incredibly well done.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also Pro is 55$ for AR2 users (just received a coupon)
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    pretty fun after a quick doodle session..
    might be upgrading!
  • robioto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    robioto polycounter lvl 18
    I agree it's super fun! Very nice update lot's of cool stuff in there especially for the pro buyers.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    artweaver is still flying high in my books btw, take a look into it those who haven't tried
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dado : Use the enter key. Yup the program is not perfect but once you get in the habit of using Enter like one uses Tab and F in Photoshop is pretty awesome ...

Pressure and tablet options really are in the tablet driver ...
  • markwough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, I have a lot, but essentially this:
    - Scripting. This is a verry useful feature, with a lot of wonderful applications. Lets see.
    You make a paint with 800x600 pixels, and after that you apply the recorded script in a 4000x3000 pixels canvas obtaining the same paint but to a bigger scale suitable for print. After script running is over you can refine in more little details your paint. We will get a masterpiece. Or changing the collars or brush dimension used, keeping only the strokes.
    Tutorials. You can record your painting session and after that sharing your technique with others.Zbrush have a verry impressive scripting system. You can download an zscript from the zbrush forum and run seamless in your computer. You can learn much more in this way than in hundreeds of tutorials.Will be a good feature if the scripts will be can edited in any text editor programs.Using this system only imagination will be the limit.
    - Vector drawing. Using the same scripting system describet before, to run a recorded session and convert the brushes strokes in vector path for future export in more sophisticated vector drawing software's like XaraX or Adobe Illustrator. I hope you can understand what I want to say. Please take a look at this photo: (http://downloads.xara.com/opensource...interly/04.jpg). Is a vector painting.

- More customizable interface.

- Customizable short-cuts.

- An option to remove the "Right Click or press Enter to show panels"

- Brush factory. An option to build your own brushes like in Painter and Photoshop.

- A more easier way to make custom colour pallets for obtaining one colour pallets like the real ones used by painter artist.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    yea done most of my recent (ish) sketches in artweaver..
    my biggest gripe with artrage at the moment is the lack of 'chisel tip' type drawing. I want a thin and wide brush which sits at a fixed angle I can control, especially with pen drawing. every single brush seems to just follow the stroke direction, with the exception of the tilt airbrush. quite frustrating