Home General Discussion

Dawn of War 2

mod
Ok, so, i know im like a year late for this. but i just got the THQ complete package on steam for an early xmas present, and DoW2 was the first thing i tried. loved the first one, was nervous about the second one though. Once i heard they went to squads instead, i was iffy about it, to say the least.

Anyways, i tried the single player, and i actually really enjoy it. only played a few levels though.

What im having the most fun with, is the game mode "the last stand". It reminds me so much of the custom map hero siege for warcraft 3, and i loooved that. Plus, this game mode is something i can play a game or two for a nice quick break from homework. I read somewhere the level cap is 120 or something. insane....

Anyways, anyone else play?

Replies

• danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danshewan polycounter lvl 8
    I never played the first one, but loved DoW2. I can't imagine not playing with squads, to be honest. I was an avid tabletop gamer back in the day, and 40k was my game of choice, so it was great to get stuck in. Really looking forward to Space Marine.

The guys at Relic did an awesome job of capturing the essence of the whole universe, and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole campaign. Good value for money, too - plenty of missions, even if some of them are a little repetitive. Great game, glad you're enjoying it.
  • Zwebbie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zwebbie polycounter lvl 18
    Be sure to try Company of Heroes too. It's really too bad that it's set in boring old WWII, but, in my opinion, it's so much better than DoWII in any other area that it's not even funny. I rather thought DoWII was pretty terrible because it threw out all the nice flanking tactics and territorial connection.
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 17
    I haven't played the vs multiplayer, but I've made my way through the SP campaign two times now. One of those playthroughs in Coop. It's a nice mix of Diablo and CoH. Can't wait for the expansion!
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    I played the demo for about 5 minutes, but after playing Men of War, it seemed pretty clunky and lame. Relic seems to make each new game worse than their previous one...
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    I got annoyed that I couldnt change the hotkeys, and then I dug around for some mods that let you change hotkeys but there was still some problems with some of the keys in SP because of the unique abilities/weapons for the characters were conflicting with that custom grid hotkey setup.

And then I dug around for how to make your own hotkeys and found out it required a couple of other programs to do and then I just got fed up and stopped playing :/

I didnt find SP that fun anyway, it was all very samey and didnt feel like a lot of strategy was needed. MP is probably a whole different game but I didnt even give it a try because I didnt know anyone playing, plus I had more fun playing Street fighter 4 so I just went back to playing that instead :p
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    I was a big fan of the first one, big WH40kplayer too, like you, I bought the thq pack and started playing it, only did some squirmish fo now, and just starting to understand the gameplay, but really loving it so far
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Loved it. I can't wait for the expansion.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    All great games. I must say, although it's not an RTS, Silent Storm is a very good (imo) squad based tactical game. Destructible environments, multiple classes to choose from, very difficult, very fun. Heads up for the power armor later in the game though (somewhere between mechs and power armor, actually) it's kinda ridiculous, but i still love it.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Fucking game sucks. :D