Home Technical Talk

Need help please!Zbrush export to max uv issue

polycounter lvl 16
Offline / Send Message
Thewiruz polycounter lvl 16
Hello i hope someone can point me in the right direction if someone have som time left for me?I have been follow a couple of tutorials and i cant understand what im doing wrong here

I really cant find out what,s the problem.Cant find any docs of my issue.And i have been looking everywhere!Not sure i have seach of the right words ?
Now to the question

* I have made a base mesh in 3ds max 2010,I have put an uv map on the model so the texture will look okay.look below in the picture where a took a screen of the UV map window in 3ds max.

* I exported the model with Uv,s to an .OBJ file

* Imported it to Zbrush and started sculpting,At the highest level i pushed the button STORE MT and went back to lowest subdivision,Flipped V and set the normal and displacement maps to smooth uv ,Adaptive and Tangent for normal map

*The maps was extracted and looks nice but after that

*I went to the highest subdev.. again and decimated the model in zbrush
Exported it to Max and now all my uv,s are destroyed mostly where the sharp edges should be.

I have notice that if i import my model to zbrush,It has sharp edges,But if i divide it and go back it smooths my edges,I have to click "cage" but that only affect the model without any subdev... It doesn't work at highest subdivision

I just want my normal map to fit the decimated model i exported from zbrush to 3ds max

Is there any zbrush masters who can help a noob?In mudbox this is simple but zbrush is a different thing.

Thanks!!!!

maxissue.th.jpg

zbrushissue.th.jpg

Replies