Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Game Ready Models

Hey Polycounters,
I've made some low poly game models for a level I'm going to build with Unity Indy. Here are a couple of them, you can see the rest at my portfolio site along with some basic animations(walk cycles, run cycles, etc..)

Thanks for stopping by.....A1_AdvMod

A1_AdvMod.jpg
A1_AdvMod.html
Worker.htmlD1_WrkrMod.jpg
A1_AdvModA1_AdvMod

Replies

• AtlusZMH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    everything looks pretty good! Are you looking for crits on your topology, portfolio, or textures?
  • burdenwoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh yeah, looking for any and all crits. Only thing to bare in mind is I was aiming for characters between 1500 and 2000 tris with a bit of a painterly texture style rather than photo realism. Also, the animations are game animations so really just basic stuff, and a few to show off some of the robots functions(scanning rooms, futuristic fork lift carrying off load, etc...)

So let me know what you think
  • Killaball
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey your stuff looks really good and I love your textures! Went to your website and saw your high poly stuff too; also looks good!

Why not bump out some normals on these characters, would be great for portfolio pieces (they would fit right in with the TF2 look).
  • AtlusZMH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I also think you could push out some great normals onto these models. That would take them to the next level IMO.

But your texture work is inspiring and even without normals, they come out looking VERY sharp!

I'm on crappy net right now, so i havent seen your videos, but your models/textures look spot on.
  • meatle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just thought you should know that your "info" link on this page doesn't go to the correct page. http://www.coreysauve.com/AnimPart2/AnimPart2.html

Your textures are nice, but kind of come off at a little bit flat and generic. Not enough variation between mid-tones and highlights/shading on your robot. He might be a little bit clean and smooth texture wise. I can see how you'd want the majority of the surface to be this if he's brand spanking new, but if you're wanting it to have a little character perhaps a few love marks/scratches/etc.
  • burdenwoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys thanks for the comments. I didn't add normals cause I was aiming for lowest common denominator, that's why the 1500-2000 poly count and only 512x512 diffuse-no spec or normal-except for the last 2 characters but they're older work. Wanted to get the basics right and see how good I could do with some fairly tight restrictions.

meatle: Thanks for the heads up on the faulty link. As for your texture crits I agree they lack a little character without wear and tear. I associate that kind of detail with photo realism, which I wasn't aiming for. Though I suppose that was naive. Thinking on it now there are plenty of painterly styles that use that level of detail. May experiment with the textures and see what it looks like.....

Thanks all