Home Technical Talk

low tech skinning solution (hopefully)

so i'm trying to figure out how to set this up for the crotch/buttocks area.
i created a manually manipulated version that got pretty good results however being manually controlled it was inconsistent.

sysyem1.jpg

imagine the two boxes on paths as bones being driven by the sphere(representing the pivot point of the femur) as the turn occurs they are driven along the pathes, preventing collapses and preserving form.

however once i put a path constraint on the bones it seems i can't have them controlled by anything or driven by the femurs rotation. i'm sure there's a way of setting this up so an object with a path constraint is driven along the path by the rotation of an object or bone. all i managed when trying to set this up by linking was i made the bones remain stationary and spin on their pathes (which spinning is not one of the things i want these path constrained bones to do).

so i'm wondering if anyone knows how to set this kind of thing up in max, thanks in advance for any input.

edit: dammit i mispelled hopefully......

Replies

• Piflik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Piflik polycounter lvl 12
    You can use Wire Parameters or the Reaction Manager to wire the Percentage of the Path Constraints to the Rotation of the Sphere. Just make sure you zero the Sphere's rotation (Alt+RMB -> Zero Rotation) and use the newly created Rotation Controller (should be called 'Keyframe XYZ' by default).