Home General Discussion

Tekken 6 comes out tomorrow

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
TheMadArtist polycounter lvl 12
Anyone getting it? Mine's reserved and paid for already. I've always been partial to the Tekken series anyways, but this one looks really fantastic; great graphics, lots of modes, plus a giant roster of characters (40). I never got a chance to play it much in the arcades, and never got a chance to head to any tournaments in the past while, so it'll be nice to finally get a chance to check it out.

Replies

• hawken
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    play it daily in the arcades. Awesome game
  • Lamont
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    Ahhh, I'll check it out. Haven't been a fan since Tekken 2/Tag.
  • Gilgamesh
    Offline / Send Message
    Gilgamesh polycounter lvl 12
    Aye I lost interest around 2 or 3, seems they nailed the format back then and nothing really of interest has been introduced since, I might hire it though and take a look at what I'm missing.
  • odium
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Tekken 3 was great, everything after was :(

Plus holy crap its only JUST coming out...?
  • danshewan
    Offline / Send Message
    danshewan polycounter lvl 8
    I lost interest after Tekken 2. Same with Street Fighter. I'm surprised that beat-em-ups still sell, to be honest. I'd definitely play in an arcade, though.
  • Lamont
    Offline / Send Message
    3rd Strike is always where it's gonna be. Forever. Anything else is like drinking warm Coors Light.
  • Mark Dygert
    My wife loves kicking my ass at Tekken...

40 characters huh? Wow. But how many of them are Ganryu in a and different colored diaper? Or are they actually different characters skill and looks?
  • xvampire
    Offline / Send Message
    xvampire polycounter lvl 14
    the quality wise .... it has no innovation since the latest one ..,
    maybe because they more focus on quantity/variation aspect
  • EmAr
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    Vig, the new characters are pretty neat(Leo isn't as fun as the others though). Lars is my new favorite after years of Law and King. I also like the music and the environments a lot. Maybe it's time I bought a new console :)
  • Piflik
    Offline / Send Message
    Piflik polycounter lvl 12
    I just bought it yesterday...and I am a bit pissed...not only did the change my favorite character (Yoshimitsu) quite a bit, but they also created a even more unfair End Boss than last time...it's really not funny to fight against Azazel...even on Medium, best of three, I had to try it about 20 times...and I used to beat Jinpachi on Ultra Hard...
  • Lamont
    Offline / Send Message
    Piflik wrote: »
    I just bought it yesterday...and I am a bit pissed...not only did the change my favorite character (Yoshimitsu) quite a bit, but they also created a even more unfair End Boss than last time...it's really not funny to fight against Azazel...even on Medium, best of three, I had to try it about 20 times...and I used to beat Jinpachi on Ultra Hard...
    My answer for this: It's Tekken.
  • TheMadArtist
    Offline / Send Message
    TheMadArtist polycounter lvl 12
    Azazel isn't that bad, just gotta find an attack pattern with the character that you use that he doesn't block and spam the hell out of it. Once you learn his moves and can tell what he's about to do and when to block he becomes manageable. I saw one video that had the player just doing the little hop jump kick again and again and Azazel wouldn't block it.

I'm really digging how they redid so many of the old animations, instead of just rehashing them again (Virtua Fighter and Mortal Kombat, I'm looking at you). The fighting looks so much more fluid now. They've actually balanced the characters quite well, and gave a lot of the older characters some pretty useful new moves. Online is a bit laggy at the moment. Hope they fix that.

Now that the weekend is here and I have time I can dive into the scenario campaign and see what that's all about.
  • pior
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Hmmm will most likely end up getting this ... but honestly dont you guys think it looks like complete crap? Animations are nice and snappy ... but boy, that look. It's as if everything is being lit by two white directional lights, on opposite sides of the characters?
  • danshewan
    Offline / Send Message
    danshewan polycounter lvl 8
    Is Heihachi in this one?

His crackling lightning badass headbutt was easily the best grab maneuver in the second game - it was just so meaty and satisfying, especially as a finishing move.
  • Piflik
    Offline / Send Message
    Piflik polycounter lvl 12
    Yeah...the complete Mishima Clan is there (minus Jinpachi)...including Lars...
  • sama.van
    Offline / Send Message
    sama.van polycounter lvl 14
    I sometime played to the 6st in a Game Center last summer, this is very cool, I like it!
    But can't play when a japanese guy is already on the opposite machine, he kill you in one seconde =___=....

and in the Japanese Game Center we can get cool card for free ^_^.
    I copied some on my computer ^_^

Tekken6_help_A001.jpg
    Tekken6_help_A002.jpg