• CrazyMatt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Going to give it a try ^^
  • michi.be
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    michi.be polycounter lvl 17
    Thanks. Thought it was an announcement only over at siggraph. never thought its released so soon.
  • mLichy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah, we got this at work now :D
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    2 minutes in and i've already discovered a bug. Those using 12inch Cintiqs will find that the cursor is not aligned with the pen, unless of course you turn on steady stroke.

FAIL
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    yeah, I use the 12 inch Cintiq and its pretty hard to get at the layers and stuff in the corner. The rest of the interface I have assigned to hot keys though, so its not much of an issue for me.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    the evil soulless autodesk stock market hounds rear their butt-ugly face, pushing out unfinished products..
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    Service pack surely will come soon hehe

Let's try it...
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    yeah, I use the 12 inch Cintiq and its pretty hard to get at the layers and stuff in the corner. The rest of the interface I have assigned to hot keys though, so its not much of an issue for me.

I wasn't referring to the corner jittering, that happens regardless of what application i'm using. What i'm talking about is the actual sculpting process, the cursor seems to be sculpting something slightly to the left of where my pointer is.
  • Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    dejawolf wrote: »
    the evil soulless autodesk stock market hounds rear their butt-ugly face, pushing out unfinished products..

I haven't gotten to try Maya 2010, but they also have a trial version...which I don't feel very compelled to bother with since it looks like there aren't many major new features...except there being only one version and integration of Toxik...its like they're just tossing yearly "upgrades" out for money's sake...
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    its like they're just tossing yearly "upgrades" out for money's sake...

Like?
    Indeed, it's very, very similar. So similar in fact, I find it hard to distinguish between what they're doing and what you said.
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    A few videos here show what's new: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=59&t=797539
    Illusions wrote: »
    I haven't gotten to try Maya 2010, but they also have a trial version...which I don't feel very compelled to bother with since it looks like there aren't many major new features...except there being only one version and integration of Toxik...its like they're just tossing yearly "upgrades" out for money's sake...

Integration seems too good a word for what they have done is just chucked Matchmover and Toxik in with Maya 2009. There's no integration at all.

Can't see where giving away Toxik and Matchmover benefit people that want a 3D app, not some compositing and camera tracking software. If they where serious about compositing in the first place, then they probably already have Fusion or Nuke, as there miles ahead of Toxik.

Autodesk are all about acquiring other companies instead of putting there money in R & D.
  • elte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    elte polycounter lvl 18
    LOL I was just about to download mudbox trial... but nvm...

^
    I only notice the huge difference in maya logo from red to black.. that's all..

Now that maya2010 has matchmover, are they gonna dump or keep maya live?

I can't remember how many times maya crashed hard during my animation project.

I'm losing faith in Autodesk...
  • Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    MightyPea wrote: »
    Like?
    Indeed, it's very, very similar. So similar in fact, I find it hard to distinguish between what they're doing and what you said.

LOL, I was aiming to keep my criticism minimal in case someone here has tested out Maya 2010 and there were good additions to that version.
    Ark wrote: »
    Can't see where giving away Toxik and Matchmover benefit people that want a 3D app, not some compositing and camera tracking software. If they where serious about compositing in the first place, then they probably already have Fusion or Nuke, as there miles ahead of Toxik.

Its budget friendly. I can just see whoever does software purchasing for a small business informing their employees that the company will be saving a ton of cash by switching to Toxik, since it comes with Maya 2010, instead of using Fusion or Nuke. Autodesk then wrings its hands happily as another company moves to using their products.
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    Problem with Toxik is they took the development team and combined them into the Maya dev team. Your potenially learning a software that as no future for improvement or bug fixes.
  • Jeremy Wright
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
    There seems to be alot of improvements w/ the way Mudbox works w/ Photoshop. The problem is these improvements and the ability to mirror stencils feels more like a fix than an upgrade.

Either way I look forward to getting my hands dirty.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Gave this a try. I have the same issues on my 15" cintiq. I kept calibrating things. Opening zbrush, photoshop and it worked fine. Back in mudbox and it's off a bit. Really hard to do anything with it off even the slightest.
  • CopperHaze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow you guys aren't kidding. I ended up picking up a used 18sx that works awesome with Zbrush and Photoshop, but in Mudbox 2010 the cursor is way off. No matter what I do with calibration. I can't believe they have not fixed it yet actually because it makes it unusable for those with cintiqs. Terrible....just terrible.
  • Locutus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Let me start by saying Mudbox 2010 works beautifully for me on both my Cintiq 21ux at work and my 12wx at home. Very stable and VERY complete. Spend a little time with it....I think you'll enjoy it.

Anyway, it seems to me that you have Stamp Spacing turned on. Unchecking it should solve your issues.

I hope that helps.

Sean Christian Bellinger - CG Artist & Instructor
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Well I just tried out mudbox 2010 on my 12wx Cintiq and I now know exactly what all of you are talking about with the curser issues.
    If I use a mouse, I can sculpt under the curser like normal, but If I use the pen, the sculpting goes way off the curser (no longer sculpting where it should be).

However, I tried what Locutus mentioned:
    "turning Off STAMP SPACING" and now everything works perfectly, actually feels much better in mudbox 2010 than in 2009.

So, give mudbox a try again guys with stamp spacing off, I'm sure you will like it much more than 2009.
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Oh, and one wierd thing I noticed, I had to assign my custom shortcuts and close mudbox then reopen mudbox to get them to work properly. But once I did, I was good to go.
  • CopperHaze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The people speak the truth! Works correctly now. Thanks a bunch!
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    no pressure sensitivity for me, bit of a problem I'd say
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    rooster wrote: »
    no pressure sensitivity for me, bit of a problem I'd say

do you have the latest wacom drivers installed? last time i had that issue it was just a wacom driver thing
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    i thought I did.. I'll check it out!
  • Locutus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Glad I could be of a some help to you guys.
    :)
  • jul_lef
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jul_lef polycounter lvl 9
    Hey

Just installed 2010 64 bits and same issue with my 20" cintiq.

I tried the turn off stamp and it s working but the thing is i tried in paint mode and the stroke is where the cursor is but if I do a big stroke the line show some dots.

so the real solution is :

Stamp Spacing On distance 0
    Steady Stroke On distance 0

I tried my settings in sculpt ans it works too and you will get more precise lines when you have a bigger tesselation.

Enjoy !!! ;)
  • CopperHaze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I know I am bringing a thread back from the dead...but just tried this with MB 2011 and a 18sx and it works great. Thanks!