Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Kingdom Death - Koshka The White Speaker ( Image heavy! )

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Hazardous polycounter lvl 12
Hey Guys,

I thought I would post all these images here to have a thread dedicated to the process of this miniature I worked on recently.

Shes for an indy table top game being developed called Kingdom Death - the good news is the 100 limited edition prints of her sold out in a couple of days! So I hope we can continue this trend!

If you feel like collecting some mini's of mine or other sculpturs work be sure to head on over to Kingdom Death Website and stay tuned for more runs of the minis as they become available! GO HERE

These minis are pretty small - the intended end result for Koshka was 38mm to the eyes. A bit of a challenge for all parties involved!

Ive really enjoyed working on her and I've got a whole bunch more minis to come shortly!

It really is a whole different world than modelling for games, but I could go on forever about that - maybe another time hah!

Koshka_the_WhiteSpeaker_WIP_1_by_HyperDivine.jpg

Koshka_the_WhiteSpeaker_WIP_2_by_HyperDivine.jpg

Koshka_the_WhiteSpeaker_WIP_3_by_HyperDivine.jpg

Koshka_the_WhiteSpeaker_WIP_4_by_HyperDivine.jpg

Koshka_the_WhiteSpeaker_WIP_5_by_HyperDivine.jpg

Koshka_the_WhiteSpeaker_WIP_6_by_HyperDivine.jpg

Koshka_the_WhiteSpeaker_WIP_7_by_HyperDivine.jpg

Koshka_the_WhiteSpeaker_WIP_8_by_HyperDivine.jpg

Koshka_the_WhiteSpeaker_WIP_9_by_HyperDivine.jpg

Koshka_the_WhiteSpeaker_WIP_10_by_HyperDivine.jpg

Koshka_the_WhiteSpeaker_WIP_11_by_HyperDivine.jpg

By here i was almost finished detailing and now just cleaning up and adjusting / making tweaks to solidify her ready for printing!

Koshka_the_WhiteSpeaker_WIP_12_by_HyperDivine.jpg

Koshka_the_WhiteSpeaker_WIP_13_by_HyperDivine.jpg

Koshka_the_WhiteSpeaker_WIP_14_by_HyperDivine.jpg

I thickened everything up for printing purposes as we learned a fair few of the details would be lost at such a small scale!!

Koshka_the_WhiteSpeaker_WIP_15_by_HyperDivine.jpg

Raw print without the cape / staff!

Koshka_The_Whitespeaker_by_HyperDivine.jpg

The Final Miniature all assembled and ready for painting!

As I mentioned above the limited edition first 100 were sold out pretty much straight away - you can check out the Kingdom Death website for more news on the game and Ill be sure to keep updating here with new miniatures!!

Working on this stuff is a whole new thing, but so awesome! I urge you guys to give it a shot!!

Stay Tuned!

Replies

• slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    ahaha first thing i thought of when i saw this.... FAKE!!!!

haha, ok, besides her boobs looking like implants, that turned out REALLY well. absolutely love it!
  • Jeremy-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy-S polycounter lvl 11
    That's really killer stuff, Hazardous. Great model, and great output on the printing especially for being so tiny. Yeah, the breasts look fake, but I hardly notice that stuff anymore, unless they're huge, and those make me barf. :D

You say, "I urge you guys to give it a shot!!" is that place looking for more artists? Cause I'd LOVE to give that a shot. Looks like there's some killer designs, and it could be a lot of fun.

Anyway, fantastic piece of work, man. Be proud :)
  • Angharlech
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow this is amazing!
    Actually I have wanted to try modeling something to print for a while - doesn't the entire model need to be a single mesh? How did you unify all the separate bits of clothing/accessories?
  • chungking2399
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ah man that is sweet, i would love a chance to handpaint one of those , thats awesome!
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    Awesome. I would love to be able to do stuff like that. I think my appartment may end up covered in figurines :D
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    This is pretty heavy metal. Nice digital sculpt. I bet you like naked girls, don't you.
  • Hazardous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius: haha thanks man :P

Jeremy-S: thanks man! I meant you guys should try building some miniatures its a hell of an experience lol!!

chungking2399: Haha checkout games workshop man they have heaps of mini's to paintup! Its a pretty addictive hobby to get into!

Xaltar: you can man give it a shot!!

killingpeople: I hear Girls even like other naked girls........ and I have at least one or 2 naked girls in my reference folder.

Just noting the design for the characters that I'm making arent my designs - but I really like them and they fit the world thats being designed for them to play in so im really happy to help out!
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    Hazardous wrote: »
    I have at least one or 2 naked girls in my reference folder.

Haha, I have about 200 gigs worth of high res artistic nudes :) My wife signed me up to Met Art years ago, pretty awesome source of high quality reference material, that and they have loads of all natural hot models :poly142:
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    this is awesome. When you say "had to thicken up..." was there some automagic process you followed to do this once you had finished the model? or did you just inflate everything?

what process are you doin to get them to the plastic prints, is it something you're doing personally? or sending off the resin original to be cast into the plastic at a plant? would be +100 props (zomg pun!) if you're doing it in your garage / basement ;)

this looks like a really fun thing to be a part of :)
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Impressive stuff, I'm also interested in how/where you got such a run printed, and how much it cost!

So the final miniature is, what, 4cm high? That's pretty detailed for the size, quite cool.
  • P442
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    P442 polycounter lvl 8
    dude, that's really awesome!! Reminds me of schultz. Great work
  • Hazardous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar: Dude, your wife signed you up to that site ? thats freakin AWESOME your wife rocks!!!!!
    moose: Unfortunately dude, there is no magic wand tool inflating looses the hard edges, i needed to do each bit by hand *cries*. I think we did maybe 4 increases until we found what works.

Im not doing the prints myself, but what is being done is, basically we get the resin prints made ( we looked everywhere for a suitable partner as all of them could not, REPEAT!, could NOT achieve this level of detail on a 38mm figurine ) - Adam assembles then fiddles, and adjusts bits and pieces and we work out what needs to be fixed and tweaked etc etc until we get it looking just right. Then we get a final resin master made up, and we send that off to be cast. the final result Looks like this on the casting sprue. Man i can honestly say no photos do her justice she looks so much better on my desk haha!

collectors_package.jpg

For $20 the first 100 people got a high quality print of the concept art, a vellum signed by adam listing the number of the model and the custom made kingdom death stamped box. I hope that we can get all the artists involved to personally sign the vellums or something for the next runs.

MoP: Thanks man, If you want to get just a one off printed at this size in resin the price varies but it will probably be a couple hundred bux, the route we took is to make up a mould to be cast so we can run them again if / when we need to. So its a bit more expensive - all up I think for koshka it was well over $500 to prepare everything ready for the run of 100 mini's (this doesnt include anyones time just the payment from the print + mould ) but ill check this and update the post if im way off ) Sorry for my crap memory, this mini was done back in april / may, I also cant remember the name of the place that could achieve this level of detail on such a small mini - but i promise will post when i find out.

P442: thanks man!! Appreciate that
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    whitespeaker?
    boobspeaker more like.
    nice modeling.
  • praxedes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd be fascinated to know what the company was- my bro is constantly hassling me to create his game characters in 3D for his roleplaying group- this'd let me do that (and charge them a nice whack :P)

~P~
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    thanks for the info duder :)

Haha, i kinda figured you couldnt just "inflate all" and win, sounds like there was a bit of pain involved to get those details right! it came out amazing though, the photos of the assembled chick look great.

i think its always refreshing and awesome to see zbrush / max work used in this way, even if it isnt "real" sculpting, its cool to have physical representations of the things we create - and is even better when they kick ass like this :)

any chance of a reprint?
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    I like it!! You did good :) her feet are a bit wonky, but anyway, Sweet work!
  • Hazardous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf: Awesome arent they :D

praxedes: 1 off prints are pretty expensive man, youd be looking at a whole swag of money - if you were thinking of sneaking past with a couple hundred bux - LET ME KNOW HOW YOU DID IT!!!! ill try find the name of the place in the meantime.

moose: np man - I cant say if there will be a re-print of the model, but id say the chances are pretty high when the boardgame is complete!

b1ll: thanks man sweet that you like it sans feet lol!
  • Hazardous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Guys, I just thought I would drop this here, a legend painted up an awesome vignette of my Koshka being hunted by or leading death ( you decide ). Im still trying get his name will update when I do!

nznko8.jpg
  • ES_139
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow, amazing stuff.
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hot damn that detail is great. Did the death figure also go through a similar process?
  • ScudzAlmighty
  • Junkie_XL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Junkie_XL polycounter lvl 14
    Tagged for future ref. I like teh bewbz. Nice work man.

Does Anuxinamoon pose for you?
  • Hazardous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks dudes!

Throttlekitty: Im pretty sure the old death is a hand sculpted mini, Im still a firm believer that the hand sculpting can get finer cleaner and sharper edges - to give some idea of the scale, in that vignette koshka is about 36mm high, some of those small cuts are just too small to print sharply, whereas a trad sculpter can get a really sharp edge, using all kinds of funky tools.

Scudz: This is the only pic ive got - trying to get bigger ones!

Junkie_XL: Only when I ask nicely! :P
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
    Those wings are epic!!!!

Do want.
  • roosterMAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP polycounter lvl 14
    wow, thats incredible.
  • Hazardous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kingdom_Death__White_Speaker_by_HyperDivine.jpg

Sorry to bump an old thread, just dropping this in here as a new presentation shot for the folio. What do you guys think ?
  • ES_139
  • Mistry10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mistry10 polycounter lvl 8
    fantastic work !
  • zxcman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zxcman polycounter lvl 10
  • W1r3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    W1r3d polycounter lvl 17
    Awsome work. Went to the webpage. They really translate nicely to figurines.
  • Cyrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyrael polycounter lvl 10
    followed your progress with this over at GA, really really nice job, it came out f*ing awesome.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    that logo looks like a penis with a prince albert piercing.

2d8ntr4.jpg
  • c0ldhands
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    c0ldhands polycounter lvl 15
    Nice work as always dude, it has to be the best job to see the models you work on come alive in the real world, so you can actually touch them. Owww, and that aromor must really be effective against male troops, hard on +100, cast time?...instant and permanent.
  • EMC3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EMC3D polycounter lvl 14
    ZacD wrote: »

2d8ntr4.jpg

Rofl >_<!
  • Hazardous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks everyone, really glad you like :)
    ZacD wrote: »

2d8ntr4.jpg

Im glad SOMEONE found it!!!!!!!... FULL MARKS TO ZacD!!!!

It started off MUCH more obvious but it was toned down :D:D:D
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    Kick ass! Very nice work. Love the way the miniature turned out. I have to get some stuff printed.

- BoBo
  • Hazardous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bobo: Thanks man! and YES - YOU SHOULD I'll be buying for sure let me know when you start printing :P haha!

I wanted to share this awesome mask of slaanesh conversion of my whitespeaker painted by GeyseR!

2d2g1ed.jpg

EDIT: Updated with bigger pic!!!
  • ScudzAlmighty
  • SouthpawSid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouthpawSid polycounter lvl 7
    I need some new pants. Awe inspiring stuff right here. Thanks for sharing!