Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Heavy VIKING - character-

obeyurnapster
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
obeyurnapster polycounter lvl 9
Hey all, im starting a new character, long time i wanted to start a viking so ... lets try !:\

here 's my research

and the wip 3d low

Replies

• Snefer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snefer polycounter lvl 16
    The feet looks a bit off, otherwise kinda cool. Looks promising. Also, viking how? :P cant see anything that says viking about him actually :}
  • Sirdelita
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sirdelita polycounter lvl 10
    looks good, but i agree with snefer, I would do some more viking type research. Right now hes just a badass dude. :)
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    even for the style of the piece i think his shoulders could be broader given the size of his arms. the piece on his left arm is drooping pretty severely, i dont know if this was intentional, but if not might want to rework that piece a bit. also yea non of the gear really shouts viking at me. think scale armor large round shields or two handed axe, which you have, heavy cloak and lots of furs on him. also braids...lots of em, and some sort of awesome helm can be from a broad range of styles, as they tended to steal those. gl

- Woog
  • Raider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Raider polycounter lvl 9
    something about the forearms is really nagging at me, i think they're too curved... and the forearm to wrist blend seems kinda odd as well, goes from huge to small with a long wrist..

Few other things seem off, like shins are bending half way down at the boot, kinda throws me. Rest of it looks cool, that axe will look bad ass if you beef it up some more :D
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Loving the face.

The proportions look stylised somewhat but there are some anatomical problems as mentioned with the arms and feet, also the body looks off to me so I did you a paintover including all these points...

Proportioncheck.jpg

If you look at one side at a time you will see what I mean with the top half and legs. If you look at both at the same time, the changed one looks stumpy. Suppose it's up to what direction you are going in but either way hope it helps.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
  • IchII3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IchII3D polycounter lvl 12
    looking much better with the scaling changes, still early days though so will be nice to see it develop more :D