Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: El Electron

elec²ron
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
elec²ron polycounter lvl 12
Greetings fellow 3d monkeys, another long time lurker here.

First off big thanks to everyone who contributes here. This site has been an invaluable resource to me over the past year. One of the reasons that this is my first post is because I can usually find the info I need with the search function :)

I'm from Dundee, Scotland and have been modding games for a few years before starting an animation course at Dundee College. Been doing it seriously for about a year now, focusing on character modelling and texturing.

Considering setting up a website portfolio and applying for any entry level positions that come up in my area. Fed up working in a bar.

Crits are welcome.

hi_poly_female.jpg

hi_poly_male.jpg

lo_poly_female.jpg

lo_poly_male.jpg

runner_comp.jpg

runner_cyberarm_comp.jpg

runner_head_comp.jpg

auto9.jpg

stairs_wip.jpg

conference_center_WIP.jpg

conference_center_WIP2.jpg

Replies

• ngs616
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    great job! i really like that environmental work. That guy with the metal arms is awesome.
  • elec²ron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    elec²ron polycounter lvl 12
    Thanks ngs616 :)

I'm not 100% happy with how the cyborg male character turned out.
    I think the individual parts, the trainers, jeans, armour and arms are all good but they maybe don't fit well together for the final character.

I didn't do any concept drawings which caused problems.
    For one it slowed me down a lot as I was testing out different concepts in max. I went threw a number of iterations of the armour and arms. Sometimes you have to scrap things and cut your losses if its not looking good but good concept art to start with will save you doing it too much.

Looking back I would change a few things but overall I would rate both characters a success as I learned loads from making them.

Over the next few months I am going to focus on improving my drawing skills, I really suck right now. I'm never going to be a concept artist but I need to get to level where I can get ideas across efficiently.
    I've never had any traditional art training so not quite sure where to start. It has been suggested to me that I should take some sculpting classes, something I would certainly be interested in if i can find the time.