Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Wilma Flintstone

Hey everybody. Could you give me some feedback on this lowpolymodel, pleas ?
I dont really know how I must handle the skirt. Because the model has to be closed. It must also be ready to be rigged.

Thank you

preview_wilma.jpg

ref_planes.jpg

Replies

• low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    I'd put your refrence in the viewport and compare. right now she seems very squashed and lots of the shapes are way off
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well that's a start. But you've got a lot of work to do. Really have to work on spotting the difference and the areas that it is off.
  • Nysuatro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok thx, but do you maybe have an example or some tips about the things I have to work on and how to do it ?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    1) The shape of her head. You should probably separate the hair from the head. There's a big enough transition there that it should at least be modeled in as a step if not a totally separate object.
    If you ignore the hair, her head is taller than it is wide, its the reverse on the model.

2) The shape of her dress is flat across the bottom but her actual dress is broken up into torn clumps.

3) Her torso is pretty wide and the hips are way out there. There's a pretty extreme bump around her hips but not that big.

4) Doing what low Odor suggested and bringing in your reference in on planes would help you line up the proportions a little more.

5) the poly distribution is a bit wonky, there is a lot going on in the head, very sparse in the torso and the knee joints are non existent.

6) She has mitten hands which aren't that feminine. Joining one or two fingers would work.

7) If you turn off the wire mode does she resemble Wilma?
  • Nysuatro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, thank you. This is a lot that I can work with.
  • Nysuatro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't have a clue if I have done this right. Could you pleas give me some feedback on the face. I want to get the loops right but to be honest, I don't really know when they are good enough.

face_wilma.jpg