Home Technical Talk

zbrush sculpting problem need help!!

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
vofff polycounter lvl 10
I am a noob and sculpting my first character in zbrush. I have a huge problem I dont know how to fix the foot and the hand correctly they are a mess. I tried to use move and smooth tool but they couldnt help a bit. And how do I fix the lines under the arm? There are a big hole inside. Need help quick!!!!
problem.jpg

Replies

• CompanionCube
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CompanionCube polycounter lvl 12
    did that happen before you started sculpting, or is it a result of your sculpting?
  • Neavah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did you start your modeling in Zbrush, or did you import a base mesh into zbrush?

(I can't view your vid.) But if you have holes, (and imported a base mesh) you may want to check to mesh for unwelded verts, or any open edges in a 3d app.
  • vofff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vofff polycounter lvl 10
    I started with zspheres and then I exported out as a .obj to maya in lowpoly. And after some tweaking and new lines I imported into zbrush. I subdivided 4 times after following a tutorial. Should I start from the beginning? I mean into divide 1 and maybe tweak the hand and the feet? Photobucket blocked my pic. Here is a new one.
    woman.jpg
  • achillesian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    if the polygroups are intact you can isolate the fingers and inflate them back out, not sure why this happened tho
  • Bad Spleen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The best thing to do if you want to keep everything else intact is to drop down to the lowest subdivision and correct things from there.

An even better solution would be to start again, it may be painful but sometimes you need to know when to start again, to save spending more time on fixing the issue.
    I subdivided 4 times after following a tutorial.

Did you subdivide before doing any sculpting? The best practice is to take things slowly, work on one subdivision level at a time, and build up the details slowly and gently, using low opacity brushes. Once you gain experience you will become quicker, and be able to use brushes more "severely" without damaging the model.

-Adam
  • vofff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vofff polycounter lvl 10
    I subdivided after sculpting. The tutorial says I only need move,smooth and standard brush. But I find it hard to give it smoothly the fourth time. What intensity do u recommend on fourth division?
  • Bad Spleen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I tend to stay as low as possible, if it isn't smoothing enough then I sometime drop down a level to smooth.

-Adam
  • vofff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vofff polycounter lvl 10
    Ok, I will try to drop down a level and smooth it correctly. But one more question the pic it show the armpit has a hole what brush can I use to correct it?
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    go to lowes sub and shape it back out with the move brush, i think these wavey things happen when you get ham fisted with sculpting at too high size and strength of brush, if the brush size is large than the piece you are sculpting you will mess it up,

i'd just scrap it an start over, you are not far enough along on this model to waste time fixing these
  • vofff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vofff polycounter lvl 10
    I started over and deleted those parts of body in maya then I imported back to zbrush and started to sculpt at division2 now. It is going better now. Yes, it took too much time to fix those evil places. Thanks for the advices guys! I hope I can show it to polycount when I am finished.:)
  • bugo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bugo polycounter lvl 17
    my advice would be
    1 - smooth, push, move, smooth push, move, smooth... push... move...
    2 - bring the mesh to max/maya and move those verts of the base mesh, fix in zbrush after importing it.