Home Technical Talk

(Zbrush) Monster - UV, Polygroups

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
mountains polycounter lvl 11
Hi Polycount forum,

I have a problem and couldn't solve it. I lost so much time.

I first applied zremesher to my model. Then I wanted to prepare UV for Maya but whenever i try to do UVmaster = Unwrap. there are too many (372) UV. What is happening and how can I fix it?

Thank you.

Replies

• pxgeek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pxgeek keyframe
    It's probably coming from dirty geometry produced from dynameshing+remeshing very concave areas and closely overlapping parts.
    UvMaster will lock up on the "cutting handle..." operation when it comes across these dirty areas (non-manifold geometry).

You can try using the check mesh and fix mesh buttons to see if that will fix it, but I've never had any success with them.

What I do since the polygroup id numbers aren't exposed to the user, is use Groups split to split the polygroups into separate subtools, then click Unwrap All. When it hangs on the offending subtool you can hit esc and that subtool will be selected. It'll be much easier to find the problem area and fix it manually, rather than combing through the entire mesh.
  • mountains
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mountains polycounter lvl 11
    pxgeek said:
    It's probably coming from dirty geometry produced from dynameshing+remeshing very concave areas and closely overlapping parts.
    UvMaster will lock up on the "cutting handle..." operation when it comes across these dirty areas (non-manifold geometry).

You can try using the check mesh and fix mesh buttons to see if that will fix it, but I've never had any success with them.

What I do since the polygroup id numbers aren't exposed to the user, is use Groups split to split the polygroups into separate subtools, then click Unwrap All. When it hangs on the offending subtool you can hit esc and that subtool will be selected. It'll be much easier to find the problem area and fix it manually, rather than combing through the entire mesh.
    Thank you so much for precious explanation Pxgeek. I will definitely try this.

Since I didn't have much time, it was solved in another way. it wasn't very good. I'm not happy because some of the sharp corners in the model were cut off, bone and tooth details and other things... I couldn't work much on the texture either. I will try not to make the same mistakes in my next work. 

Have a good weekend...