Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

3d anime character. Need feedback (warning: image heavy)

Hey-hey poly people.
I am working on a character in anime style. I am planning to make it look as hand drawn as possible, my direction for style is mostly "Jujutsu kaisen" and "Chainsaw Man" anime titles.
 A little bit about workflow: it is directionless now, so expect a massive amount of triangles on a screen.I do mostly use them to make things keep their shape as good as possible. Definitely not the most traditional workflow, but here we are.

Character is planned to be in a low to mid poly range, and I don't plan to bake (much) normal maps. The reason for that is because I would like to texture it in Guilty Gear style with using texture atlas, so mostly flat colors + hand drawn style outlines, never done it before so learning something new. Might change though, depends if toon shader in unreal is going to act up or not.

Don't mind inconsistent tris amount on different objects, I am planning to change it in a future. Maybe.

Goals of the project:
- have a character in a hand drawn anime style
- keep a reasonable amount of polygons
- make a basic rig
- put it into unreal engine
- make a toon shader for it, make it as close as possible to look like anime
-not go nuts while I make it

Work in progress pictures, 3ds max viewport screen grabs for a while:

Do note: face does not have custom edited normals, it is just two point lights with shadows + one light in front, nothing fancy. However I do plan to transfer normals from spherical-like object later to correct smoothing of shadows more. The rest will be handled in shader inside of Unreal.

Face topology. Unlikely a subject to change, I might tweak shapes a little bit.

Hair mesh. That's in case seeing so many tris made you feel uneasy. Made by using splines with cross sections (yes I know it is possible to make it faster in blender). Yes, I will add more polygons into it.

If you have any kind of feedback, I do welcome it. Thank you.