Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Warrior - 3D Character Model - Science Fiction

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Yulia_Belyaeva polycounter lvl 2

Warrior is a modeling practice that aimed to improve my hard surface modeling skills in modeling tactical clothing and gear, as well as texturing skills. It was a lot of fun modeling this realistic 3D character model and learning a lot in the process, especially in Substance 3D Painter.

Discover more: artstation.com/artwork/8bYZ5m  

Subscribe & Follow: linktr.ee/yulia_belyaeva 

Concept by Oleg Ovigon: artstation.com/artwork/PeyRrZ

Software: ZBrush, Maya, Marvelous Designer, Substance 3D Painter, Arnold Renderer, Character Creator 4

For any questions or inquiries about this video, please write to: juliabelyaeva15@gmail.com  

#warrior #realtime #3d #charactermodeling #gameart #sciencefiction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd6ShAihw_s

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Hi Yulia. This one has been up for a while and there hasn't been a reaction. Why do you think that is? I think the modelling and (technical) texturing look super. The design, lighting, pose, setting, hell the narrative, are not. The images look very pedestrian (unexciting). Did you model the figure or has it just popped out of a character creator? Both your artstation links show no work. Perhaps they are not loading properly.

Check it out!
  • Yulia_Belyaeva
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello, kanga! Thanks for the feedback, it was really interesting to hear that. Thank you for the high appreciation of my technical skills. Can you tell me in more detail what exactly you (and perhaps the audience) didn't like about the lighting and the environment? Regarding your question: no, I did all this work in Zbrush and Maya. In the end, I put it in Character Creator to make a quick video on turntable (because Arnold Renderer is driving me crazy about video rendering). 
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    The figure isn't telling much of a story. The image isn't interesting. The blurred background looks to be the wrong scale. If he is a space guy why is he wearing sunny s from the 70's ? The costume is underwhelming. The lighting is kinda flat. If you are using this piece as a learning exercise, fine. If you are looking for work in this area then really study the brilliant images on artstation and learn all you can from them.
  • Yulia_Belyaeva
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga Ok. Is it possible to see your portfolio?
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    The link is there. Just click on the link 'Stuff' under the post.
  • Yulia_Belyaeva
    Options
    Offline / Send Message