Home Unreal Engine

UE5 - How to move Water Body Ocean up on the Z axis???

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Cg_Creator polycounter lvl 11

Hi, maybe a dumb question, but I m trying to move the new water system in UE5 "Water Body Ocean" higher on the Z axis... I tried a few things but so far no luck... worse case scenario I ll just move everything else down a bit... but, if there s a way thank you for sharing.

Btw, that s a work in progress, a lot to do. But feel free to comment on the image aswell if you want to. Thanks

Replies

• Cg_Creator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

While I m here I ll ask another question :)

With foliage, as I move away, it gets brighter, and loose the shadows... I looked at different threads, they talk about LOD or cascade shadows... I tried different settings on my lights and killed the LOD, but no luck, tho I m a novice with UE so I might of missed a setting somewhere, or it s meant to look bad in a distance (but I doubt it), any suggestion would be great, and if possible with images to guide me :), thanks guys

Some pics to show the shadow problem, I m sure it s just a click somewhere I m missing, sorry for wasting your time with this but I cant figure it out :(

• mulfvik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Hi, Im trying to achieve the same thing but the engine ignores setting the waterbody actors mobility to movable. In the actors settings the option to make it movable is there below the transform options and the button "movable" is chosen but ignored at runtime.

Have you had any progress on this @Cg_Creator ?

• Cg_Creator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

No luck, I just moved all my assets a little bit down to make it work