Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

NinjaT WiP - 2.5D sidescroller mobile game

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
andreygheorghe polycounter lvl 9

Hello!I've started to work on a game for mobile and I've just created the main character.Thanks to Fabi_G and vincentbruneau for some tips,and thanks Eric Chadwick for helping me with animation.

Here is high poly:

low poly:

wires:

rig controllers:

some animations:

sketchfab : https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/tom-dd8893e9683f4d7389de30e5ce4f58db

and a test .apk build :https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QO7psNxAE3Xy3Sqe-RWhiUfO9EhfBlAq/view?usp=sharing to see how the animations blend. If you can download the apk and try to run it I will be very thankful if you can reply here with the device and how it runs,if it gives any errors,etc.

Thanks!

Replies

• andreygheorghe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I didn't wanted to start a new thread,since is related.

I've started working on the enemies,wich are...surprisingly,I know..rats.Still super early,just trying to find the silluette.I've tried to keep the general proportions kind of similar to main character.In special I want to keep the eyes the same shape,since I want to maintain the art style.Maybe I will make the enemies a little taller.

One thing that I can't figure just yet,how to make them more scary looking,while maintaining the cartoon look.If anyone has any suggestions,I'm more than happy to hear from you.

Thanks!

• andreygheorghe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

After a lot of back and forth I finally got to a silhuette I like.Now that I have the base I plan to do 3 variations of the enemies.What I have in mind is security guard,soldier and some higher grade military.I've already have in mind what they will look,I only need time from now on...

• andreygheorghe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I've started to work on the guard variant,so far I'm happy with the result.I think it will stay like that,I just need to add the pistol holster and cleaning up the geometry and is good to go.

• andreygheorghe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

After I think about it,especially because my first map is in Russia it doesn't make sense for the guards to have Deagles.....So I modeled some russian tokarev ,here is high poly,tomorrow I will retopo and make the low poly.Even if probably it will end up with 256 *256 texture I like to have a normal map and a base texture made from 0.

• andreygheorghe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • andreygheorghe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I didn't had that much time lately so I didn't make any significant progress.Here is the final model of the Tokarev,it has ~ 900 tris,still is a bit too much for the size it will have on the screen.The textures are 512*512 normal and diffuse.

I also created a youtube channel where I try to post regular updates,here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTo0HQ7rDgZa82-86mQZXwg

Also I've did the intro movie,I had no idea Photoshop has animation tools :D

Tokarev:

And the textures:

• andreygheorghe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Wow,long time since my last post here!I had some personal issues but since then I kind of get rid of them so I resumed my work at my project.I've started to work more on the level since I want to get a general feeling of the game.I begun by changing those ugly bsp brushes with some modular meshes for the walls and the floor and I wanted to add more details in the world so I've created some "wood" boxes (they are only placeholders for now).Also i've tried to add some more detailed mesh so I've modeled some,i've attached some screenshots of the models.Aaand ...since I really appreciate you guys because every time I had a problem you were quick to help me,I tought I will something back to the community so I share these with you,I've attached the models+textures(512 textures tho..).If anyone needs them you're free to use them as you want!

I've attached some screenshots from the level too so if anyone wants to give me an opinion about what it looks and what I can improve I will be glad to hear from you.Also I did a quick packaging of the game so you can download the .APK here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iibFuGpVS6SmnGOuJUFKJzu-HdaTv2ZI/view?usp=sharing

Thanks and have a great day! 😀

The meshes: