Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ICC Underpass Berlin

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
iammalte interpolator

Dear Polycount community,

I want to share some environment art including some breakdowns of my tribute to Berlin.

To get an idea for the whole environment I collected lots of images first and figured out the whole map layout. Once I got a clue about the dimensions and scale I started my first basic blockouts and light moods.

Next I concentrated on the main (hero) assets and finished 2-3 a day (except the escalator) in my free time. All meshes are modeled sub-d and converted to Nanite in UE5 later on.

I did a first texture pass to check if all assets working well together - as I later on jumped back on some to refine the textures a bit more.

After placing them I concentrated on lighting and post fx such as ColorGrading, Fog, Particles, Camera setups and Decals.

More props to see at

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/b5BOyr

Cheers,

Malte

Replies

• sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range

Nice!

particularly for me its' the lighting/fog although I'm gonna nitpick that second frame i.e. elevator hallway scattered debris which first glance just seems a little to contrived but at the same time not trying to sound like a dick...

I'd personally preferred too see extra time spent detailing a slightly more 'grungy feel' without impacting the overall visual continuity, if that makes any reasonable sense, at all :)

otherwise, again looks good 🤙

• iammalte
    Offline / Send Message
    iammalte interpolator

Hey @sacboi Thanks for your constructive feedback!

Yes it does makes sense for me what you said. Thanks for your thoughts I will consider it in my next works :)