Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[ARTICLE] The Rookies - Creating photorealistic props for next-gen games

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Midojr polycounter lvl 5

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/zOwOzZ

Hi everyone, after many questions about my latest project, I decided to team up with The Rookies to write an article detailing my thought process, techniques and tools used to achieve high quality props for next-gen games. When I was a student, I always felt frustrated when reading articles because the artists did not get into details about achieving certain things in their projects. So, I wanted to write an in-depth article to show beginners, students, and juniors how I make my projects.  :)

I really hope you will like it! And I hope you will learn many things from it!  =)

Replies

• mwoods94
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mwoods94 triangle
    Hey! Fantastic tutorial, I remember reading it on the Rookies a bit ago and going through the whole thing, very inspirational stuff! Ive got an abandoned bedroom scene im making atm so ill keep your article handy when it comes to the detailed texturing of props :) 

Thank you very much!
  • Midojr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Midojr polycounter lvl 5
    mwoods94 said:
    Hey! Fantastic tutorial, I remember reading it on the Rookies a bit ago and going through the whole thing, very inspirational stuff! Ive got an abandoned bedroom scene im making atm so ill keep your article handy when it comes to the detailed texturing of props :) 

Thank you very much!
    Thanks so much for the kind words! I hope you learned a thing or two from it.  =)