Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Finished] [UE5] [Leartes & Dekogon Challenge] Airstream

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
tythomas063 greentooth

Hey, everyone! 

Super excited to join the Leartes & Dekogon Realtime Game Art Challenge! 

My goal is to make a campsite with Airstream Bambi where a person will live for a long time after either zombie or alien invasion. I will be creating the interior of the airstream that has a similar setup to Rigg's airstream from Lethal Weapon ( 2016 ). 

I created the blockout with the landscape in Unreal. I did use the megascan for the ground because I'm not confident with the substance designer yet. So if I have time, I might go back and try to create the ground materials. The tree was created in speed tree. I want to focus on creating foliage and airstream(exterior and interior) for the most part of this project. 

Here are the reference and pictures of what I have so far! 

Next To-Do: 

Smooth out the mountain 

Model  the body of Airstream Bambi

Any feedback would be appreciated! 

Cheers!

Tyler

Replies

• tythomas063
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tythomas063 greentooth

Hey, everyone! 

Here is the update on my project. I mostly focused on the environment around the airstream and I'm pretty happy how it's turning out so far. The only things that I took from megascan are the chopped wood pile and wood log. Rest of the foliage was created by me from scratches. I gotta work on the lighting a bit more because I think it looks a bit washed out and too greenish. 

All of the white and gray objects including airstream(exterior and interior), chair, table, and tarp were baked and ready to be textured. I'm going to start working on the textures, and then model more small objects for the interior of the airstream. I'm thinking about making a small memorial shrine  with pictures of the family and put a teddy bear or a kid toy front of the shrine on a dresser. I will add a bunch of newspapers that show a headline of zombie invasion. I'm hoping these objects will add more story to my project. 

Any feedback will be awesome! 

Cheers! :D 

• tythomas063
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tythomas063 greentooth
    Hello! 

New update! I switched over to UE5 to use Lumen lighting which is pretty fun to use! Unfortunately lumen GI won't work with the landscape for now. (it will be supported in future version!). I still think I got a pretty good result with the overall lighting.  I haven't really touched post process yet and I'm planning to work on that to improve the lighting with more contrast and color. 

Textured the Airstream's main body, windows, tarp, table, and chair.  Still a long way to go and I have a lot of props to make for the interior of the airstream. 

Cheers! 

• tythomas063
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tythomas063 greentooth
    New Update! 

I adjusted the lighting and post-process, and then I did some set-dressing with the foliage, cliff, and etc.  I made some props for the exterior. And then I worked on the interior by texturing the furniture. I created some small props but I still need to make a lot more props that will help to tell a story for this project.

On top of the dresser, there will be a small shrine that included some stuff that belongs to his daughter and mother because they passed away in the zombie outbreak. I think that will help to tell a story about this project. 

Any feedback will be awesome! I'm really enjoying this project a lot! :D 

Have a good week, everyone! 

• tythomas063
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tythomas063 greentooth
    Thank you, Eric for featuring my last post on the front page! And everyone else who upvoted!   =)  

New update! 

I noticed the lighting made everything looks little washed out because it was facing directionally to the airstream. So I changed the lighting a bit and I'm happy how it turned out! 

After that, I started working on a bunch of props for the interior that I think it helps to tell a story in this project. 

Thoughts?  :)

Hope all of you have a good Thursday, everyone! 

• tythomas063
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tythomas063 greentooth
    Just finished my project! It was absolutely fun to work on this Airstream Bambi and finding a way to add storytelling in my project. Hope you guy enjoyed seeing my progress and thanks for the support :) 

More screenshots, breakdown, and video in my artstation:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/eaBL2b