Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

1980's Jukebox

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
ILYHugh polycounter lvl 9

A 80's Wurlitzer style Jukebox moderately used in some Dive Bar. I've been meaning to make this prop for a long time. Growing up my childhood was filled with listening to music in the Bar my mother tended to.
I spent a lot of time studying and re-creating a lot of the detail considering that there are many iterations of Jukeboxes over the many decades they were in production.

Rendered in Marmoset Toolbag 4 to try out the new Raytracing Features. I also went into UE4 and tried to match the renders the best I could. In the process learning how to use the High Quality Movie Rendering features.

For the creation process for the Jukebox I started with a simple base mesh in Maya, then Sub-D Modeled the major shapes as well as the Bevels and curves. Then I took that into ZBrush and worked on details like the Metal Cage Detail work and other small things I could easily work on with alphas. This asset was a major undertaking because it made me change my own pipeline. Instead of solely relying on Substance Painter for the details. I actually modeled the Major Large and Medium details, then let the materials in Painter handle the rest. This is set as a Hero asset, so there is more work put into the Texture sizes, Polycount and other features such as the details of the Scrolling Emissive effect for the Tubes.
Big thanks to my boys in the Mute Art Discord group. Whenever the Imposter Syndrome hits, they help me get out the funk.

For now, this will be a lone asset, it was just to help me dust of my skills as well as just get out of my Art Burnout from the ongoing Pandemic.

If you want to take a look at some of the 4K Videos I rendered for this guy You can take a look at my Artstation Post.

Cheers you guys and lets have an amazing 2021!