Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dead Space-Ellie Langford - COMPLETE

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
TaulNotShort polycounter lvl 5
Haven't posted here in a hot minute!
Decided to pick up a new project and work on some fanart instead of just a concept. I chose Ellie Langford from Dead Space 2.
Work in Progress shots:
I wanted to update her clothing with pieces that I felt like she'd be wearing now, but still wanted to keep the initial shapes from the game. Next week I plan on learning a little bit of Marvelous Designer to see if I can't make some cargo pants
Still need to clean up her neck and head size ( I think it might be a tad too large), but I'm pretty happy with my first week's progress!

Comments and Critique are more than welcome :)

Replies

• Crazy_pixel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crazy_pixel interpolator
    Like it, looking forward to see more :)
  • TaulNotShort
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Like it, looking forward to see more :)
    Thank you!
  • TaulNotShort
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is an update on her so far!
    I tried Marvelous Designer for the pants, but stopped using it very early on due to frustration.
    I'll have to learn it on simpler item of clothing than cargo pants haha.
    Got to retopology and uv mapping, and have excitedly started texturing! Skin and eye textures are by far the most challenging and the most rewarding part of texturing for me, so there was quick iteration on her skin shader.

The first pass I did a few days ago which was a good start, but pretty flat and uninteresting. Spent the next few days up until today doing multiple passes to see what worked and what didn't. Also got feedback from friends and fam on her facial structure and edited that as well, so her nose and lips are bigger, chin slimmer, and eyes a tad closer together, which I think really makes a big difference!
    Here's where I've landed today, with her eye textures properly applied and a little SSS on the ears. I still want to tweak her lips, since I don't think they read as "Ellie" that much, and properly texture the rest of her, since I've been neglecting that lol.
    Here's a pic a little further out, but there's not much else to see!
    Hoping to get to some basic clothing textures this week and mess with the lighting, since it's pretty plain atm.

Comments and Critique are welcome! :)
  • TaulNotShort
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Made some textures for her clothes finally! Still need to add some stitches and even out the darker material since it's pretty uneven right now.
    Reworked the head yet again, because the previous version looked a little too stylized, and not what I want to go for. I'm still on the fence about the bridge of her nose? Tried adding a little more of a bump, but now I'm not sure about that. I'll probably mess with that while also working on the rest of her accessories and shoes this week!

Comments and critique are welcome. :)
  • TaulNotShort
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Was lucky enough to have a friend of a friend give me some professional feedback on her face and clothing texures!
    Edited her skin shader, added texture to the rest of her clothes, added some more dirt/blood here and there, and worked on the hair!
    First pass on the hair was awful, second was alright, third is getting there. I think it's almost there, but want to get a few other eyes on it ] before I call it done.Most recent screenshots I have of her face and hair! Her ponytails are little too symmetrical at the moment, but I hope to make them less so when I wrap up some small details and get to posing.

Comments and Critique are welcome! :)