Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] A Toucan, Mouse and Old Man on a Boat...

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
beis polycounter lvl 2
Hi everyone! Just recently started a new project. I wanted to try to make this James C. Christiansen painting in 3D:

I'm hoping to practice a bit of everything with this one: sculpting multiple different characters, getting more familiar with ZBrush, stylized PBR, translating a still image to 3D, etc....

Here's a screengrab of where I am at so far, finished with general blocking in Maya and ready to start bringing each of these in to ZBrush:

I'm excited to see where this project goes!

Replies

• beis
    Offline / Send Message
    beis polycounter lvl 2
    Been a little while - still making some progress on this while under quarantine.

I've started to sculpt the bird stand, boat, toucan and mouse in ZBrush, got their general shapes blocked out:

(Still got to do the mouse feet at some point)

We're expecting a little one very soon, so the progress on this will likely be much slower for the time being, but I will update this as I can!

Any feedback so far?
  • beis
    Offline / Send Message
    beis polycounter lvl 2
    Been slowly making progress on the old man; with a new baby my evenings have evaporated, but things are coming along. 

Hopefully it’s time to clean these up, sculpt details and retopo...
  • beis
    Offline / Send Message
    beis polycounter lvl 2

My very very slow march on this project continues… But I thought I would share a bit of an update with the toucan. Still a long way to go, but it’s nice to see something, and it’s been fun experimenting with different things…

model

Be back in two months with something else, haha

• beis
    Offline / Send Message
    beis polycounter lvl 2
    Back for more! This time we have the boat and the mouse up and running:

model

Still plenty I would like to add to, but it's good enough for  now, I think.

Any thoughts?