Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4][FINISHED] The Urd's Well

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Vizimir polycounter lvl 4
Hello again,

for a couple last weeks I have been working on a new scene, based on Nordic Mythology.
Basically the Urd's Well is located in Asgard and is one of three wells to nurish Yggdrasil, the mighty tree.
The place was the home to three Norns who decided the fates of all living creatures but, also it was a place where norse gods gathered daily to make decisions and hold their court of justice (In my interpretation, it will be 3 gods whom I find most important, Odin, Thor and Freyr).
Furthermore in this place the gods will gather for the last time with the warriors of Valhalla to march to the last battle - Ragnarok.

As for story, I'm planning to picture the moment before the final gathering, when the gods are long forgotten by mortals, but finally  the Well of Urd had awaken and called them for the last time to face their destiny. To show the passage of time I gonna destroy this place a bit, but as expected from god build place a lot of elements still going to be in good condition. 

For the technical part, my goal is to learn ZBrush and Substance on this project, so most of the objects will be sculpted. 

Ok, first things first, some sketches and concepts:

Basic materials:

Detail trim:

And, finally some screenshots from the scene:

Let me know what you think.

Cheers!

Replies