Home Adobe Substance

Substance Painter painting over udims beta review?

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
ARTEHAGA polycounter lvl 3
Can anyone update me/us with some Substance Painter painting over udims beta review?? No one is talking about it. They are supposed to release SP 2020 at some point this year, but already some lucky people are experiencing the beta feature. Does anyone know is this is challenging MARI ? 
I had to learn Mari Non Commercial just because I refuse to pay £51 a month, more than double than the entire SUbstance experience ..
I really want Mari to reduce the price as I am entering the 3D industry and I cannot afford it or SP to be faster and give a final 2020 update. They have been delaying for 6 years this feature and although they have finally announced it to come sooner than later, I still believe this will be in one o more years time. I don't trust Substance. Is nice to see Adobe fighting The Foundry though. Clash of titans.
Please let me know if SP painting over Udims is reliable.

Thank you in Advance. Much appreciate it.

Osmar A.

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A few things will help you get answers, to this, and to future questions.

1. Topic title is your best chance to lure people with relevant knowledge. You were using your user name which doesn't help. Better to use a succinct query, i.e. "Substance Painter painting over udims beta review?". I've renamed the topic title for you. But something good for you to try next time!

2. We have a forum section specifically for Adobe Substance. I've moved your topic there, from Technical Talk where you posted. This will get you more relevant eyeballs.

3. Search. This topic has been covered, I believe. You will get more info if you dig. Try a few different search terms, you may be surprised!

I hope this helps you, and welcome to Polycount!