Home Featured Artwork

Paris Street - UE4

polygon
Offline / Send Message
Emixam polygon
Hello guys ! 
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Oy46De
It's been a while since the last time I posted here (like 3 or 4 years).  :#
So, here's a personal work I made for my 2CV, it was really fun to make, I learned a lot and I finally applied what I learned those last years.
It's ~240K tris for all the scene without the car. 

Replies

• Pav3d
    Offline / Send Message
    Pav3d insane polycounter
    Lovely! Feels very plausable.
    very minor crit, the chalk on the chalk board could be more realistically done, it looks like a basic soft brush atm, needs some fading and texture.
  • Auldbenkenobi
    Offline / Send Message
    Auldbenkenobi polycounter lvl 11
    Lovely work on this!
  • Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis godlike master sticky
  • Ruflse
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruflse polycounter lvl 6
    Beautiful work, gives me some classy vives
  • defragger
    Offline / Send Message
    defragger sublime tool
    uhh, I like! Great work!

If I had to give any critique I would say mabe the trees are a bit dark brownish considering they are in bright daylight. Probably caused by AO or shadow of the leaves.
  • Alex_J
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    ha I thought first image was refernce photo at first. great job
  • Crazy_pixel
    Offline / Send Message
    Crazy_pixel interpolator
    That looks really awesome, the first image looks so real.
    Well done :)
  • easterislandnick
    Offline / Send Message
    easterislandnick polycounter lvl 17
    Pav3d said:
    very minor crit, the chalk on the chalk board could be more realistically done, it looks like a basic soft brush atm, needs some fading and texture.
    It's not chalk, it a chalk pen and it's perfect!
  • Emixam
    Offline / Send Message
    Emixam polygon
    Thanks guys for all the comments & critics ! 

Pav3d said:
    Yeah you're right ! Thought it will not be visible enough but you proved me I was wrong haha 
    It's a little bit to linear, thanks for the critic !  =)

defragger said:
    uhh, I like! Great work!

If I had to give any critique I would say mabe the trees are a bit dark brownish considering they are in bright daylight. Probably caused by AO or shadow of the leaves.
    Are you talking about the leaves ? If yes I'm agree with you, I tried to fix it by tweaking the settings from the materials but it is not the thing where I'm the most happy with.
    For the trunk, it's cause it's a Linden, they're pretty dark basically !
    Thanks for the critic mate !
  • Emixam
    Offline / Send Message
    Emixam polygon
    Pav3d said:
    It's not chalk, it a chalk pen and it's perfect!
    Haaaa I like the idea ! haha 
    But sadly it's in 1987 and I don't know if there was Chalp pens back then ? 
  • defragger
    Offline / Send Message
    defragger sublime tool
    Emixam said:

Are you talking about the leafs ? If yes I'm agree with you, I tried to fix it by tweaking the settings from the materials but it is not the thing where I'm the most happy with.
    yeah, I mean the leaves. The trunk is fine. Sorry for not beeing more specific.
    I know it's very difficult to get the treetops right from all angles. Sometimes they look great from the backside with translucency but not from the front and after changing it's vice versa. I found that It helps to look at the buffers (roughness, cavity, albedo) separately but it's still a lot of guesswork. Sometimes it helps to have the roughness much more reflective almost like wet leaves.
  • jaker3278
    Offline / Send Message
    jaker3278 polycounter lvl 8
    Lovely lighting, nice work. 
  • Emixam
    Offline / Send Message
    Emixam polygon
    defragger said:
    Emixam said:

Are you talking about the leafs ? If yes I'm agree with you, I tried to fix it by tweaking the settings from the materials but it is not the thing where I'm the most happy with.
    yeah, I mean the leaves. The trunk is fine. Sorry for not beeing more specific.
    I know it's very difficult to get the treetops right from all angles. Sometimes they look great from the backside with translucency but not from the front and after changing it's vice versa. I found that It helps to look at the buffers (roughness, cavity, albedo) separately but it's still a lot of guesswork. Sometimes it helps to have the roughness much more reflective almost like wet leaves.
    I tried to change the translucency etc ... But yeah it is pretty tough to have a very nice looking foliage !
    I didn't try to play with the Roughness ! I will give it a try, thanks for the advice.

jaker3278 said:
    Lovely lighting, nice work. 
    Thanks mate !