Home Technical Talk

3ds max - can't use Move/Rotation/Scale during Unwrapping.

SolxKyo
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
SolxKyo polycounter lvl 6
Hello,

Problem maybe is simple but not for me... I have no idea what I pressed. At the moment when I am opening UVW editor I can't get access to basic Move/Rotation/Scale. Left top corner of the picture. I had it on all the time. 

Thx in advance for anything that can help me.

Replies

• musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    You're inside an unwrap modifier so you can't edit sub-objects. You have to either collapse or go to the editable poly level in the stack to get access to editing geometry.

Max unwrap isn't like other programs in that it isn't a mode. but a modifier.
  • SolxKyo
    Offline / Send Message
    It's 3ds max 2017. I was able to select edges on the model. Not only inside editor. I had also arrows on the object when I chose edge. It doesn't even show me now which edge is selected. Should be red - same as in UVW map editor. I edited half of the model in that way already so I am sure that there was option like that. Now I can't do that in that way. 

• ChrisFraser
    Offline / Send Message
    ChrisFraser polycounter lvl 5
    After you do a projection, click an empty area in the Edit UVW window, to deselect it, exit out of the Edit UVW window then open it up again and you should have the translation options. I don't know why this works or what the problem is, I saw it in a video ages ago. Its works though. :)
  • SolxKyo
    Offline / Send Message
    @ChrisFraser Man, You just saved my day.... ! I don't get why it was like that or what was the problem but it worked lol Thanks!

@musashidan Thanks for respond man. You was right. Translation option are off unless I am using one "Projection" option - cylindrical map for example. But I was still missing something. It wasn't as i had it before so i thought that it was connected somehow. My bad.

Anyway its work as it should now. I can see broken edges too now. Topic closed.

• ChrisFraser
    Offline / Send Message
    Glad it worked!
  • Kanni3d
    Offline / Send Message
    Kanni3d ngon master
    Not sure if you're talking about doing planar/cylindrical projections, but the main issue is that the projection is still active - so you could do the above steps like @ChrisFraser mentions, or simply click on the project again to get out of projection mode. :smile:

• ChrisFraser
    Offline / Send Message
    @Kanni3d well, that certainly seems a little more efficient than my way! lol