Home Adobe Substance

[SOLVED]Designer Height map issue - Pirate Coins

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
IgorSilva polycounter lvl 8
Hello guys, I've a issue, when I put some blur in my height map I get this crazy stripes. Why is happening that? How can I fix?
Thanks!

Replies

• IgorSilva
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I dont figure out how to resolve the problem above.
    But I need a advice here in the same material, I want to do coins how can I place the coins one over the other without overlapping like the imagem bellow. I'm tying Tile sampler with color random but its dont working well
  • Mink
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mink polycounter lvl 5
    I can't help with your second proble, but your first will be fixed by working with your hightmap with 16 bits of color.
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    The second problem can be solved by using the color version of the tile sampler, an alpha channel in the input image and setting the tile sampler blend mode to alpha blend
  • IgorSilva
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you so much guys! Here are the progress at the moment. C&C are welcome

• IgorSilva
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another update
  • IgorSilva
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello guys thanks all for the feedbacks helped me a lot. Thats material are my first attempt with some different shapes in designer i've learned a lot. Here are the final version, has some breakdowns and the graph too
    Graph and some breakdowns on my artstation:

• IgorSilva
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello guys,  asked me in artstation how I've made the coins layered on top of each other, then I decided to write here the process.
    Here are the part of the graph to do the pattern:

After the shape is done, in the part 1 I just use the Histogram Scan to create a alpha. We will need this for the Tile Sampler Color:

In part 2 and 3 I've create four different shapes using the Levels node to play with the luminance of each coin to change the height value. After that I put every coin in a different RGBA Merge node to blend with the alpha created in part 1. The first three one is to create a coins background and the last one is to create a up layer of coins. I put the coin in a RGBA Merge node because we will need a image with alpha to connect on Tile Sampler Color to access a function in the node:

In part 4 I've created the Tile Sampler Color with a lot of coins to be the background, these node have the Alpha Blend Blending Mode. It gets the alpha of the image and dont let others shapes pass trought each other. We can use some Luminance Color Random to give more height variation:

In part 5 I used the Tile Sample Color like in part 4 but with a less number of coins just to create some coins over the background created in part 4:

To finish in part 6 I've blended the two Tile Sampler Color using Max (Lighten) Blending Mode:

This is one way to get this result, I used the Tile Sampler Color because the  Tile Sampler node dont have the Alpha Blend Blending Mode. You can try use shape extrude if you want some rotation but it dont have worked for my shape.
    I hope to be helpfull, thanks for all the feedbacks here in polycount and in the substance discord :)