Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

End of solitude

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
ibrabdo polycounter lvl 2
Lately was trying to expand my understanding of 3D Design, modeling, baking and texture painting. 
This is one of the tests i did getting forward with that process.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/L2ED0k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyX0vI2260M

Replies

• Justo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    This looks great Ibrahim! Care to comment a little bit on how you achieved that curtain translucency? Is that simply a light behind the curtain set at humongous brightness levels, or did you play around with subsurface scattering or any other fancy maps?
  • Aydhe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aydhe polycounter lvl 5
    Looks great, have you made all textures yourself? because the floor and walls looks great :)
  • ouieer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ouieer node
    So god damn cool!!!
  • NajimCG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NajimCG polycounter lvl 10
    Hey , looks dope man , you really set the mood on point , lighting is top too !
  • fu_films
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fu_films triangle
    this is great, nice work!
  • MightyFeather
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MightyFeather polycounter lvl 6
    Justo said:
    This looks great Ibrahim! Care to comment a little bit on how you achieved that curtain translucency? Is that simply a light behind the curtain set at humongous brightness levels, or did you play around with subsurface scattering or any other fancy maps?

I'm guessing he might have used a cookie for a spotlight aimed directly at the curtain and adjusted its values to simulate the effect (this would be my go-to quick and dirty method)

EDIT: yeah, I just had a quick look at his marmoset viewer for this piece and the effect is painted in the texture, so it only works in a certain angle. But a cool effect nonetheless
  • ibrabdo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo said:

I'm guessing he might have used a cookie for a spotlight aimed directly at the curtain and adjusted its values to simulate the effect (this would be my go-to quick and dirty method)

EDIT: yeah, I just had a quick look at his marmoset viewer for this piece and the effect is painted in the texture, so it only works in a certain angle. But a cool effect nonetheless
    Yes, the curtains light was a painted emmisive texture, and i used a combinations between physical and painted light throw out the project.
  • ibrabdo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aydhe said:
    Looks great, have you made all textures yourself? because the floor and walls looks great :)
    Thanks mate! yes i did all the project from design to modeling and texture :) 
  • ibrabdo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ouieer said:
    So god damn cool!!!
  • ibrabdo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NajimCG said:
    Hey , looks dope man , you really set the mood on point , lighting is top too !
    Thanks! really appreciated!