Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

SSRL - Switchblade

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Rmlambert polycounter lvl 4
Hi, thanks for taking a look,

I'm currently designing an Assymetrical formula E like vehicle but set further in the future, this one is more of a road legal version, much like a Mclaren Senna, its track focused but has some comforts that wouldn't be found on a track only variant. I thought I'd show progress along the way and get some crit aswell :)

Quick keyshot test render, mostly to check the sillhouette and get an idea of the way lighting will react. The model was at a previous iteration so the next images are further ahead hence different wheels, among other changes.

I'n going to build everything including internals...... that'll be fun lol  Drive is provided by batteries however the brakes are not traditional, they work on interna; gravity wells located in the wheel itself.

This is the most recent iteration hence the mirrors, this is an example of the road going adaption that wouldn't be on a track car. They'll be cameras though, taking up less space and allowing the "mirror" to have a lower drag signature

more high res images, front 3/4
side profile 
The rear has active aero which will move depending on downforce needs

internals
least developed part as I'm still thinking about how I want the driver to be strapped in.

Replies

• norbyscook
    Offline / Send Message
    norbyscook polycounter lvl 4
    amazing amazing!
    love the internal details C: 
    how do you usually approach a design like this? 
    I assume to look at a lot of references. do you do sketches? iterations? or do you go straight to the final?
    too bad I am not at a position to be able to give feedback haha.
    it's beyond what I can do. 
  • Rmlambert
    Offline / Send Message
    amazing amazing!
    love the internal details C: 
    how do you usually approach a design like this? 
    I assume to look at a lot of references. do you do sketches? iterations? or do you go straight to the final?
    too bad I am not at a position to be able to give feedback haha.
    it's beyond what I can do. 

Hey :) thanks for taking a look,

I have a tonne of references plus a decent in-depth visual library vehicle wise as I've loved vehicles since I was young so that helps. 
    I only take inspiration from the shapes though i never copy pieces part for part as I like for the design to be unique,
    I also design straight in 3D no sketches or anything as I find it faster and it will look better than anything I drew anyway haha however this is a kinda graphic style I did that looks much better than if i ever drew it haha

Iteration wise, Sometimes I (rarely) I'll duplicate the design in viewport, change something major and decide which one I like more but normally its just iterations along the same model, moving things about and jumping to an earlier save or re-exporting parts from a prior version.

• Rmlambert
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey,

I did an Overview of a work in progress project of a Futuristic formula E Vehicle.
    Thought I'd post here if anyone's interested!

https://youtu.be/tLhd137r3Zo

• Rmlambert
    Offline / Send Message
    I haven't given up on the thread just been busy with the Artstation challenge so had to put this baby on pause, but I procrastinated today and created these, I kinda like them so thought I'd post them here too :)

White Mclaren Inspired

Umm Latex not really inspired... yeah

Viewport turnaround

The car has undergone changes since the last post though

Suspension blocked out in a bit more depth, stopped due to challenge

current shape 

More aero near the intake, Side mounted battery and wing mirrors
  • martintruong
    Offline / Send Message
    martintruong polycounter lvl 7
    Need moar tho. Stop procrastinate pls xD
  • Rmlambert
    Offline / Send Message
    Need moar tho. Stop procrastinate pls xD
    Loool shhhh, gimme a few more days! I'll be back soon :)
  • Rmlambert
    Offline / Send Message
    Progress dump, been working on it for a while but got carried away and forgot to document so here I am :)

Currenlty building all the necessary internal parts, I made some changes to the exterior but I'm keeping it flexible as it is dependent on the internals.

Battery internals down to the cells

Inside the motor